What hasn't been done?

Sep 1, 2007
We've all seen coins in bottles before. We all know how to change a card. Prettymuch any shmo on the street can pull a bill switch. It's child's play to levitate more than four inches...

So what hasn't been done yet? I haven't seen a coin snapped in half. I haven't seen a spontaneous combustion of a full deck leaving one untouched card. No shattered and restored beer bottles...

I want to see something new. Even if that means doing it myself, or outsourcing third-world countries to do it for me...

Oct 31, 2007
This is where you come in. I know if I saw a exploding, fiery ball of death 52 card deck, which would reveal the selected card, I would probably not be able to sleep for a few days. You should think of a way to make it happen.

TKH

Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
Glad to see some one else obsessed with making new plots in magic like me. I cant stand the same effects being released with different methods.

Some Plots
put a deck in a deck box and change it to box of crayons or ciggarettes

levitate a full soda can

color changing eyes (new type of contacts?)

ring transposition where performer wheres specs ring, and spec wheres performers and they return to rightful owner( one-ahead principle?)

Just some ideas

Sep 1, 2007
I am actually trying to do a trick where a borrowed coin is visually snapped in half, as in, the spectator can see the seam appear right before his eyes, as the coin splits into two halves that are then immediately handed out for inspection.

The handling sucks, though, and it is in no way impromptu.

Deck exploder may be a wee bit more difficult.

I'd like to see a practical impromptu street magician-vanish. That would be impressive. You could call it "The Invisible Man."

Now just figure out how to do it.

Aug 31, 2007
David Regal has something called a Disposable Deck. However, a deck made of Flash Paper can be pretty dangerous. "Alright everyone, stand WAY back. this thing is going to go up in FLAMES. Get away, I've already called an ambulance just in case..."

Anyway, Longman, I thought those were nice ideas. I would have thought of them before, but nowadays, my creations are generally limited to more practical stuff. I don't think I can find a beer bottle to be broken, or find a chance to perform the deck-burning effect often...

Coin snapped in half sounds pretty simple. Cut a coin in half with some tools, use sleight of hand to snap it. Simple. Looks like a "strong-man" effect to me, unelss you are going to restore it.. which is pretty simple too.

- harapan. magic!

P.S. You know what would be nice? When restoring the snapped-in-half coin, laser beams shoot out of your eyes and apaprently weld the 2 halves together in front of everyone. This won't be the Superman coin bend - it's going to be the Superman Coin Restoration.

Sep 1, 2007
Or something where the magician visibly puts a cigerette in his mouth, chews, and blows fire (or maybe just smoke).

Or a silent, concealed air-powered device for PK effects with non-metals, or shadow-touches in which the spectator feels something but is not being touched.

Break a pen and spill out the ink into your hand. It transforms into...something...crap, I don't know...

Magician wraps a bandage around his wrist, and then proceeds to bend it backwards 180 degrees sot that it touces the back of his forearm. The fingers still move.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Last year I actually created a coin bend I called Broken, where I bent the coin until it snapped in half, and then I had a (horrible) way of restoring it. It wasn't anything complicated, but the gimmick was a ass to make. Maybe I'll work out the kinks and try it again.

//David.Misner::

Oct 31, 2007
Last year I actually created a coin bend I called Broken, where I bent the coin until it snapped in half, and then I had a (horrible) way of restoring it. It wasn't anything complicated, but the gimmick was a ass to make. Maybe I'll work out the kinks and try it again.

Can you upload a vid of you doing that. I am curious to see it.

Aug 31, 2007
You know, Longman's latest post simply consists of effects that can be done with known methods. Except for the wrist thingy.

- harapan. magic!

TKH

Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
What I really would like to do, and have been messing with, is what I call hpmuirt, basically a triumph effect backwards. start with the deck fine with one card face-up, change the deck to mixed up. just by yanking separate the ones going diff. ways, nad then riffle and reveal, the card that was face-up at beggining. All I have got in my head is stripper deck, with doublefaced or backed cards.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
I'll try to find the original video, but I doubt I have it. If I don't, maybe I'll get around to re.fabricating the gimmick and re.shooting the video. Maybe.

Sep 2, 2007
We've all seen coins in bottles before. We all know how to change a card. Prettymuch any shmo on the street can pull a bill switch. It's child's play to levitate more than four inches...

So what hasn't been done yet? I haven't seen a coin snapped in half. I haven't seen a spontaneous combustion of a full deck leaving one untouched card. No shattered and restored beer bottles...

I want to see something new. Even if that means doing it myself, or outsourcing third-world countries to do it for me...

Funny you should say that... I've had a deck combustion much like what you described in the making for some time now. It's still only in its theoretical stages, but in December I think I'll actually start hashing out some ideas. I've been meaning to keep a lid on this project, but since you just happened to describe it to a T, I thought I'd mention it.

Also, torn and restored bunny wouldn't be a bad idea, if someone wants to take up that endeavor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Also, torn and restored bunny wouldn't be a bad idea, if someone wants to take up that endeavor.

Pick me pick me! And now ladies and gentleman, I will attempt to do the impossible. *Rip*. Uhhhhhh, anbody got some Crazy Glue and thread? Close your eyes, and when you open them, this bunny will be completely fine. *Psst, run to the pet store and get another one*. You may now open your eyes. Yes, I have succeeded in restoring this bunny, as well as changing its sex, color, and age. Amazing, is it not?

Or something where the magician visibly puts a cigerette in his mouth, chews, and blows fire (or maybe just smoke).

Or a silent, concealed air-powered device for PK effects with non-metals, or shadow-touches in which the spectator feels something but is not being touched.

Break a pen and spill out the ink into your hand. It transforms into...something...crap, I don't know...

Magician wraps a bandage around his wrist, and then proceeds to bend it backwards 180 degrees sot that it touces the back of his forearm. The fingers still move.

Well with the pen you could probabely make it turn into a name of number. Maybe soap would do it, Like write it out in soup I dunno. I'll to try it later and let you know.

Sep 2, 2007
I have an idea for the deck exploding in fire, one card being safe. but...hard to get odne....

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results