Smoke - Just the Gimmick?

Mar 3, 2009
im talking about refills other than the ones that i revived with the dvd cause my cat i guess thought it was a toy and chewed them up

Aug 13, 2009
Send a PM to J.B. When Crush came out I wanted to ask him a few questions and he responded very quickly. I am sure he would have no problem helping you out as best he can. Mind you, I can't speak for him, but I'm going to take a guess. Just shoot him a PM though and you should be set :)

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
We absolutely can and will provide refills to those that have already purchased the DVD. Submit a message to our support crew by hitting the "send a message" button at the very bottom of any page on the site and they will take great care to make sure things are resolved.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Also, is it possible to locate suitable refills outside of theory11? Such as anywhere in a laymen market?

Unfortunately not in this case. The gimmicks included with purchase of SMOKE are specifically created and modified for use in this effect - in addition to being manufactured with safety and durability in mind. However, we include enough materials with purchase for close to 1,000 performances. Refills can be obtained directly from theory11 for $24.95 (for a whole new kit - everything minus the DVD).

Apr 20, 2010
You noted elsewhere that the refills are not available yet; is there sort of ETA when it may come out? No rush, just wondering.

Ok, sweet deal. Can't wait until my first kit arrives in the mail. I do the Human Chimney/ No Smoking/ Warning principle often in specific effects and from what i'm told it destroys it in every way but being impromptu. But, really, I'd only be carrying matches for those tricks, so why not carry this?

Sep 1, 2007
Well I'll be totally honest with you guys at Theory11. I'm not exactly 'rich' and I don't own a visa card or paypal or anything like that. So my friend saw this trick and asked me about it and so I gave him $25 to split the cost with him. Not even thinking that there might be a gimmick, and of course if you buy one DVD then you get one gimmick. Is it possible for when the refills are for sale I can have my buddy buy just a gimmick set for me?

And please, haters that want to tell me I'm a cheap ass hole or whatever for not buying my own copy, just save it. At least I'm not pirating it?

Thanks.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
Ok... pardon my ignorance here but...

I'm committed to picking up SMOKE come the first (unless you guys want to send me a Birthday Present... 09/23/59) but I have a couple of questions about using it if you don't mind...

a.) I'm assuming that a gimmick goes into the mouth, how small is it? How difficult is to to speak with it in your mouth? Can the flow of the "smoke" be set to look more like one's breath on a cold winter's day?

b.) While the video suggest it, can the gimmick be set for use in other items, including one's own hands, a card box, etc.?

c.) You say that the system comes with enough materials for roughly 1,000 performances but is that a single gimmick or multiple units that can work independent of one another?

From the minute I saw the video SMOKE has been high on my priority list, so I'm in dire hope that it will meet my needs.

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
Ok... pardon my ignorance here but...

I'm committed to picking up SMOKE come the first (unless you guys want to send me a Birthday Present... 09/23/59) but I have a couple of questions about using it if you don't mind...

a.) I'm assuming that a gimmick goes into the mouth, how small is it? How difficult is to to speak with it in your mouth? Can the flow of the "smoke" be set to look more like one's breath on a cold winter's day?

b.) While the video suggest it, can the gimmick be set for use in other items, including one's own hands, a card box, etc.?

c.) You say that the system comes with enough materials for roughly 1,000 performances but is that a single gimmick or multiple units that can work independent of one another?

From the minute I saw the video SMOKE has been high on my priority list, so I'm in dire hope that it will meet my needs.

1. You won't really able to speak with it in your mouth because it doesn't really...well, can't expose it.

2. Nope. Kinda the thing that was disappointing.

3. Single gimmick.

Jul 12, 2010
Sweden
Then how hard is it to get in and out of your mouth? Could you, say: Patter, misdirect, shove it in, smokey smokey, misdirect and get it out, or is it very big and obvious?

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
Then how hard is it to get in and out of your mouth? Could you, say: Patter, misdirect, shove it in, smokey smokey, misdirect and get it out, or is it very big and obvious?
Really big and obvious...to you. But to them, there is no way that they will see it.

Jul 12, 2010
Sweden
For some reason my internet crashes when I try quoting, but thanks a lot S.G and shini.. yeah. Seems very interesting, and I'll probably be able to use it as I'm imagining.

I have some additional questions though:

Even if they've managed to get the gimmic literally invisible, is there any way to cover up shoving something big into your mouth, and then probably having to fumble around with it and whatnot? (Except for misdirection, of course.)
If you carry a fully charged gimmic, are you set, or do you need anything else?
If you accidentally swallow or inhale the smoke (guessing you might do both judging by the looks of it), will you start coughing alot, does it taste horrible or affect your lunges in any way?
Can you control the amount of smoke produced?

And of course I'm not asking for exposure, but trying to determine whether it's worth buying, could fit my style and it's potential, etc.

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
For some reason my internet crashes when I try quoting, but thanks a lot S.G and shini.. yeah. Seems very interesting, and I'll probably be able to use it as I'm imagining.

I have some additional questions though:

Even if they've managed to get the gimmic literally invisible, is there any way to cover up shoving something big into your mouth, and then probably having to fumble around with it and whatnot? (Except for misdirection, of course.)
If you carry a fully charged gimmic, are you set, or do you need anything else?
If you accidentally swallow or inhale the smoke (guessing you might do both judging by the looks of it), will you start coughing alot, does it taste horrible or affect your lunges in any way?
Can you control the amount of smoke produced?

And of course I'm not asking for exposure, but trying to determine whether it's worth buying, could fit my style and it's potential, etc.
1. If you do it right, you won't need to.
2. You are almost set. You will just need one more small thing. Depending on what trick you are doing, a sharpie.
3. Nope. The Smoke almost has a grape taste to it. Nothing happens if you swallow it.
4. Oh yeah. Definitely.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results