What magician are you?

Dec 16, 2008
Toledo, OH
hey guys,
i juss thought it would be interesting to see what type of magician u are.
i feel like im a HYBRID between Daniel Garcia and Dan White. I like to amuse and make ppl laugh like danny G. then i like to leave a mysterious type feel like Dan White, making ppl think u have some type of SUPERPOWER.

so tell me, what do u consider yourself...

p.s. what is wordcount? i never understood that.lol i feel stupid for asking.lol

Mar 19, 2009
Calgary, AB
Thats a good question, I never really thought about it as find doing that limits you, Im not a children's performer even though I do do children's magic. I'm not a Mentalist but I do perform Mentalism and so forth and so forth.

But if I put it in your type of words.. I'd have to say Im a cross between Jay Sankey and ..... well Jay Sankey lol. I find I alot like hime I dabble in all type of magic but real world worker stuff.

Great question! It really made me think....

Jul 10, 2010
I'm probably the most like dan and (or) dave. I show the trick with little emotion and the trick is fast and flourishy. I might also be a little daniel madison and jason england.

Jul 18, 2010
I have similar style to dan and dave in the way I handle the cards and think of effects. I am like Jason England in the way that I LOVE utility moves.

I'm like myself. I can't compare myself to another performer because I didn't base my character off of someone. When I perform I'm just me, showing people something I can do. I don't have a "performance persona". I guess you could say it's loosely kinda not related to Wayne Houchin's presentation style of just being a person on stage. I'm not going to say that it's the most effective way to present magic, but it's what I feel comfortable doing.

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
Umm, I wouldn't say I'm a mix between any other magicians. I have my own style and presentation that I don't see in other magicians. But... if I HAD to choose, I would say I'm a mix between Wayne Houchin, Justin Kredible, and Daniel Madison. I feel that when I watch them perform, I see certain little similarities in each of our humor, attitude, and overall presentation

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
Wooooooooooooow... *facepalm*

If you've seriously never thought about this before, then there's a problem.

I hope we can get Steerpike's opinion on this. (I'm not sucking up, it's just his opinion is spot on).

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
anth0ny,

There is a minimum word count on posts - I believe it is 10 characters.

So if someone wants to reply with a response of "Idiot." then they have to make up the word count, 10 characters, some way or the system won't let them post.

So many people put [Word Count] or something similar to make sure they cross the 10 character threshold.

Aug 23, 2009
i think im like dananddave in the coontext of tricks i do. fast, flourishy, and smooth. but my performance is like dan white, where i try to leave a mystical impression on the spectator

I'm almost sad to see that no one is bringing up any of the real pioneers of magic.

But DannyT took my reply -.- . I'm Mikk, nice to meet you. I do stuff that reflects me and i'm seen on stage as me. Does that mean i can't join the club of being a flashy deep guy??

M.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
Being "inspired" by other performers is one thing, mimicking them is another. Sadly, most of us will mimic more than not; even seasoned pros find themselves doing routines exactly as someone they either learned from or watched work and enjoyed, not because of deliberate theft but simply because that's how human nature works most of the time and it's difficult to be critical enough of one's self, to step outside its influence.

One thing 99% of my magic heroes did and encouraged however, was EDUCATION and cultivating (and using) EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION SKILLS... and yes, I bring this up because of how the original post was "worded" (if you can call it that) and how such antics reflect upon us in the real world (not well when it comes to the folks controlling who gets hired and works steadily for a corporation and who doesn't). However, our first poster isn't the only one in this forum that can't seem to use a spell & grammar check (or else they ignore them).

I bring this up for another reason; when I was younger and doing traditional magic Harry Blackstone Jr was one of my biggest influences and education as well as presenting one's self as Intelligent, skilled and in command of language was one of his biggest "points" when working with young people. Harry was an amazing man when it came to making that kind of imprint on a person's life as has been Max Maven when it comes to the Mentalism side of things.

Granted, Mumbles the great made a sensation early on, but look at how he (David Blaine) evolved and because a bit more "Mature" in how he speaks and even dresses. Look at how he is enjoying quiet success working for major corporations while the 40 year old Goth child's career is dwindling. One listened, the other refuses to... go figure.

As to my present day persona I've not been influenced by ANY magician or mentalist when it comes to the character or style and yet, I have been influenced by several when it comes to their philosophy and way of looking at things; Bob Cassidy, Jerome Finley, Ron Martin & Larry Baukin are just a few. But the persona came from a pinch of Barnum, a cup of Robert Ripley, a smidgen of Vincent Price and a dash each of Edgar Allen Poe and Jules Verne... but then many a StemPunker can say the same...

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
To quote an amazing poet:

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive that is Youer than You."

Sorry, Luis' post just made me remember that.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results