Magic with One Hand?

May 25, 2010
Well, I recently broke my arm and cannot do magic or flourish. :( How did I do this you might ask. Well, I was performing and did a terrible classic pass. I had a heckler next to me and he saw it and called me on it as he whacked my arm to prevent me from completing the pass.
Just kidding. I fell out of a tree.
Anyway, just wondering if anyone has any good effects you can do with one hand or no hands. I am right handed so I hold the deck in my left hand (the one that I broke.) Thanks in advance.

It's a pain typing with one hand.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Best thing to do is email / contact Joshua Jay. He broke his arm or wrist in a boating accident a little while back and had only one hand to work with as well and he said there was plenty he could do. I bet he would share some of the effects with you. Contact him at Vanishing Inc. I believe.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Look Rene Lavand stuff up, he has just one arm

I suggest this. Rene Levand does a crap ton of amazing stuff with just one hand.

Though in all seriouseness. Why don't you just take a break from magic till your hand heals. I mean if somebody asks to see you perform you can just show them your hand and say "No."

Mar 27, 2010
Rene Lavand has a book out there called "La belleza del asombro" (The beauty of astonishment). Awesome book if u ask me

I was going to say I expected Rene Lavand's name to crop up here. If it is magic with one hand that you are after, look no further than Lavand. There are so many videos of him online, i'd be surprised if you couldn't find one. His performance and presentation of 'Oil and Water' is like no other.

All suggestions and jokes aside, why not seriously take the other guys suggestion and use this time to heal your arm? Rest, re-coop. Think about your act, reflect on your art, read some magic theory books like Maximum Entertainment or Strong Magic, take a walk, or try some meditation.

You don't seriously need to be performing 24-7. Besides, by the time you master doing magic with your off hand, your other will be healed anyway.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results