Traveling to NYC from Europe

Mar 13, 2009
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hey Guys,

Hopefully you can provide me with some ideas to my upcoming vacation. I'm planing on visiting NYC for about 10 days, and keeping the magic spirit - What should I visit? Any good magic stores (I'm sure, just where are they :)) or something just random coolness?

I actually thought I would purchase Smoke as well while I'm visiting, anyone know where I might be able to get it?

I look forward to your responses - Thanks!

Best,
Kristian

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
Do not miss Steve Cohen's show. It was amazing. The entire experience from the hotel, the room, the show - everything. Highly, highly recommended. I don't know how old you are or if you are coming with family, but everyone will enjoy this guaranteed. You must get tickets in advance tho as he sells out (for good reason).

Mar 13, 2009
Copenhagen, Denmark
Do not miss Steve Cohen's show. It was amazing. The entire experience from the hotel, the room, the show - everything. Highly, highly recommended. I don't know how old you are or if you are coming with family, but everyone will enjoy this guaranteed. You must get tickets in advance tho as he sells out (for good reason).

I'm going alone, just to experience NYC for the first time :) I'm 25, FYI, so I don't suppose I would have any problems getting around the city and experiencing stuff. Steve Cohen is a great option to see, thanks for that :)

Best,
Kristian

liquidsn

Tony Chang / Creator, Be Kind Change, DVR, The Uni
Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
I'm going alone, just to experience NYC for the first time :) I'm 25, FYI, so I don't suppose I would have any problems getting around the city and experiencing stuff. Steve Cohen is a great option to see, thanks for that :)

Best,
Kristian

hit me up when you get into NYC. I'll show you some places and magicians to hang out with.

-Tony C.

May 2, 2010
New York, New York
Hey Guys,

Hopefully you can provide me with some ideas to my upcoming vacation. I'm planing on visiting NYC for about 10 days, and keeping the magic spirit - What should I visit? Any good magic stores (I'm sure, just where are they :)) or something just random coolness?

I actually thought I would purchase Smoke as well while I'm visiting, anyone know where I might be able to get it?

I look forward to your responses - Thanks!

Best,
Kristian

2 places you must vist is Tannens and Fantasma magic. they are both located in the dame area of 34th street herald square.

Tannes is loctated on 45 w34th st on the 6th floor I believe. You could go to Tannens.com for the address info plus they have a listing of all the magic shows and gatherings in the city. Fantasma is located on 32 betwee 6+7th ave. Fantasma is a large store with lots of Harry Houdini stuff on display and is a lot of fun and if you love coin magic David Roth works there. Tannens is smaller but has a better selection for the serious magician and collectors.

Either way since both are a few block away from each other you must vist both. I visit both of them once a week.

Jun 12, 2010
Hey Tony!

hey man i was on your website and some of ur videos require a password where do i get that from or is it just for the people who u really know?

Mar 13, 2009
Copenhagen, Denmark
2 places you must vist is Tannens and Fantasma magic. they are both located in the dame area of 34th street herald square.

Tannes is loctated on 45 w34th st on the 6th floor I believe. You could go to Tannens.com for the address info plus they have a listing of all the magic shows and gatherings in the city. Fantasma is located on 32 betwee 6+7th ave. Fantasma is a large store with lots of Harry Houdini stuff on display and is a lot of fun and if you love coin magic David Roth works there. Tannens is smaller but has a better selection for the serious magician and collectors.

Either way since both are a few block away from each other you must vist both. I visit both of them once a week.

I was thinking about Tannens, because I've heard a lot about that specific place. That is no doubt a must, as well as Fantasma, although I haven't heard about that before. Thanks for the address as well man. :)

It really sucks that we don't really have magic stores in Copenhagen, Denmark where I live. Would be nice to have a place like that to hang out once in a while :)

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
My wife and I just recently got back from a visit there. And although not magic related, I strongly recommend you see the 911 memorial museum. Extremely touching and profound. Also a must see.

May 2, 2010
New York, New York
I was thinking about Tannens, because I've heard a lot about that specific place. That is no doubt a must, as well as Fantasma, although I haven't heard about that before. Thanks for the address as well man. :)

It really sucks that we don't really have magic stores in Copenhagen, Denmark where I live. Would be nice to have a place like that to hang out once in a while :)

I hear ya. Its why I appreciate both stores and buy somthing from them to support them because I know others dont have dealers near them. Tannens has been around for a long time and has a lot of history in the biz and always has a great selection.

Fantasma is just pure fun. A little more pricey than Tannens but well worth it. Its has a great selection but not like Tannens. You could hang out there and practice with other magicians. They have a small table in toward the back with a close up mat. The staff is great. David Roth works there, Magick Blay is one cool dude and a great magician. People like Blaine, Rocco and Harry Loryane vist there from time to time. Simon Lovell is there on sat in the afternoon hanging out.

Correction: Fantasma is located n 421 7th ave 2nd floor the corner of 33rd and 7th. Not 32nd like I originally posted. Good luck have fun.

Kind Regards,

Mike

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
Thanks, I most definitely will visit that as well! Hopefully your whole trip was a success? :)

Best,
Kristian

It was amazing! We made a list of all the things we wanted to see and did it all. Were stayed five days and crammed it full. I recommend the city bus tours. Great way to see the area in a reasonable amount of time. Worth the money. We went to a yankee's game, saw a broadway show (Wicked -fantastic show), and saw Steve Cohen. We also went on top of the roof of our hotel late at night, with a beautiful view of the Empire State building. And the pizza there is amazing! We made sure we saw statue of liberty, empire state building, ground zero, central park, the MET (spent two days there), times square, grand central station etc.

The subway was very easy once we figured out their system (you can buy a week transit pass). Great trip. We would probably move there if we didn't have a young daughter (we would like her to grow up with grass ;P )

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results