Did I invent this card change ?

Oct 13, 2008
Hi fellow magicians :cool:,

I'm wondering if I invented the card change I do in this video.
Just a quick trick to let you know how the change looks.

I never saw anybody else do it, so I hope this is my invention :eek:

[video=youtube;tzXRVe77CAc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzXRVe77CAc[/video]

Let me know what you think and/if you know if somebody already invented this.
Thanks.

note: I performed this for many people, and this is not very angle-sensitive, since nobody saw.

Jun 10, 2010
It may or may not use the same technique, so I can't be sure (owning neither of the effects). However, it looks like Tony Chang's "Be Kind Change", available here on theory11.

Oct 13, 2008
I just invented this when the Be Kind change came out, but I know it doesn't use the same technique.
I got to go now, but I'll check the Orbinase Change out.

Thanks guys :)

Oct 13, 2008
I checked both changes out again, and my change definitely uses another method..
Especially because the Orbinase change looks very angle sensitive.
So far it seems this is original, but if you know another similar change that might use the same method, let me know :)

Mar 18, 2009
you definitely have the be kind change there. the only difference is the prep. and i use the method you are using all the time for the be kind change. so i would be surprised if it wasn't it.

Mar 18, 2009
yeah dude, i looked at them more closely. and i am almost definitely sure that your change and the be kind change are the same. and the orbinase change has nothing to do with either of these two changes. the orbinase change is completely diferent.

Oct 13, 2008
Hmm, I don't own the Be Kind change, but if the changes are the same, that would be quite.. hmm.. dissapointing.
especially because I invented it just a few weeks before the Be Kind change came out..

Lol, there goes 'my' change.

Hmm, I don't own the Be Kind change, but if the changes are the same, that would be quite.. hmm.. dissapointing.
especially because I invented it just a few weeks before the Be Kind change came out..

Lol, there goes 'my' change.

Don't get down on yourself. There are so many changes out there, that it is hard to make your own these days. The trick is putting you own spin on a change. I.E. Cardini and ego change. Very similar but with slight variations. You have a decent looking change. There is a lot of hand movement, but with practice I am sure it can be fixed. My advice would be to get the "be kind change" and see if it is the same. Magic is all about how you interpret the move. Don't try to create just to make something new. Create to make a move suit your style.

Jun 2, 2010
yeah dude, i looked at them more closely. and i am almost definitely sure that your change and the be kind change are the same. and the orbinase change has nothing to do with either of these two changes. the orbinase change is completely diferent.

I purchased the be kind change, and I am fairly confident that this is not it. I didn't see what i was looking for, and i know where and when to look. Unless he's just amazing, and I'm a nincompoop (which is fairly plausible) this is a different change.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results