Improving T11

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
I think that we need an Off-Topic forum VERY badly.
We should also have a Product forum, like you suggested, so that the owners of the various Theory 11 products can discuss the products without having to worry about exposure (Like the Penguin Only forums on Penguin magic)
DnD forums have them too :p

Oct 17, 2007
SG
Calm Down Shane,

He doesn't want anyone to know who he is or where he's from. He doesn't use his real name or make anything constructive.

Whats wrong with this picture?

Not worth it, buddy. But we appreciate it.

Katie

Uh Katie... I think that's really his name right? Harapan Ong

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
One guy says a bad thing and his own opinion, and you guys go crazy.
I think this is one of Harapon's many reasons why he thinks that T11 is not really helping.

Just admit his opinion and go on to the next topic.

Aug 31, 2007
this site is still only months old give it time to evolve a little. theres still the wire to be put out and probably some great tricks after the TnR is released.

I sure hope so. But again, I don't think any more new, better tricks is going to help anything. But The Wire... whatever it is, I sure hope I can count on it.

Uh Katie... I think that's really his name right? Harapan Ong

Yes, everybody, Harapan IS my real name, and not some randomly generated forum nickname. In fact, I ALWAYS sign off with my name. (Full Name: Harapan Santoso Ong)

Why are you even here?

Trying to think of ways to help Theory11 move closer towards a goal of advancing magic. My negative posts, albeit harsh, are just there to try to let people reflect on some things I feel Theory11's not doing correctly. My opinion.

Then you are welcome to leave.
Just leave the forums :S

I'm not leaving... at least not yet.

One guy says a bad thing and his own opinion, and you guys go crazy.
I think this is one of Harapon's many reasons why he thinks that T11 is not really helping.

Just admit his opinion and go on to the next topic.

Thank you sir.

- harapan. magic!

P.S. Just to say something: In my personal opinion, if you think I am being negative about Theory11, giving nothing constructive, just bashing T11, you should realise that by being here, I am already one of the more positive people who's at least trying to do something around here. Many of my forummates and friends from other places, be it Decknique, Singapore Magic Circle, or non-forum friends don't even WANT to be here. I disagreed with their negativity, and that's why I am here. I am not saying I am the "beacon of holy light to guide everyone here", but just to say I am already one of the more positive ones who actually encourages others to come over to T11 to try contribute something.

Proof: Go to Decknique and search for some Theory11 related posts. Most likely, you can see one of my posts there, encouraging people that Theory11 is worth trying and not worth abandoning.

You know how many amazing card magicians and cardists we lost because of Theory11? It's quite saddening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 17, 2007
SG
You know how many amazing card magicians and cardists we lost because of Theory11? It's quite saddening.

I don't think that's possible. They may stop contributing to the forums, but I don't think the quality of magic in general will suffer for it.

That aside, the quality of the tricks can be improved a bit. I could go into some detail here with my opinions, but this is not the place to discuss this.

The 1-1 section more than makes up for it though. Chris Kenner's 4 for 4 switch is being sold far too cheaply. Fantastic utility move.

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
I don't think that's possible. They may stop contributing to the forums, but I don't think the quality of magic in general will suffer for it.

That aside, the quality of the tricks can be improved a bit. I could go into some detail here with my opinions, but this is not the place to discuss this.

The 1-1 section more than makes up for it though. Chris Kenner's 4 for 4 switch is being sold far too cheaply. Fantastic utility move.
Amen :D .. ...

Sep 1, 2007
San Diego
hey post everything u think that t11 have to do to improve.. or the things that u want to them to add to the site..

1.-creating new sections on the forums for the products (eg. panic! forum) so that everyone can help each other with one of the moves or something like that.. (Product Forum)
2.-An Off-Topic Forum
3.A few mods could help as Jack the Magician isn't around 24/7
4.- Paypal Payment Option
5.- difficulty scales for tricks. (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced)
6.- More shipping options. They shouldn't just stick to UPS and USPS.. Like Fedex
7.- A wish list
8.- Memberships.. For product discounts or pre-orders, etc..

I'll copy and paste all ur posts so all the suggests will be on the first post (This one) :p excuse me for my grammar :(

I hope T11 crew read this :p I'm sure they will

i think i just crapped myself, this is a great post and all of these things are needed BADLY.

GREAT POST

Sep 2, 2007
A Beginners Section
Help Section
Video Production Section
More Cardistry Sections
OFF TOPIC SECTON
SUGGESTION SECTIONS

Playing CARDS SECTION

theres been so many comments like this but NOTHING EVER changes.
Honestly a beginners section will most likely change so many opinions and will be a little more organized.

Off topic section would be lovely!

Playing card section is a must have section...that we don't have!?!

Cardistry section! t11 crew if you thought this place can replace decknique your not going to be able to do it with one tiny section AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE! Us flourishers need more! Ex:General Cardisrty Discussions,Cardistry help

A suggestion section! for nothing like ideas like these!

Help section! Lots of people NEED help, and if we keep it separate they'll get more comments and essentially get more help.

Another idea of mine is to keep a product section thats sperate from t11 products

Ex: Other product section T11 Products Section

I for one am tired of hearing about E,and so are lots of people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Suggestion for Theory11

This is just a suggestion for Theory11. I'm guessing this is the right place to post it in, because it really doesn't fit anywhere else. So I was thinking Theory11 should have a Video Production forum like decknique has. Because a lot of people on the forums make videos, whether they're for Magic or for XCM, or even just for anything.

~The Magician Cool

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
I've got a suggestion for them.

Well, it's actually more of a question. I'm finding it increasingly difficult to perform Distortion with my beautiful Guardian cards. People keep catching me with my red backed gimmick! "Oh Noes!" Hah, just kidding. I wouldn't go out and try to do that.

Back to the suggestion. How about some Guardian gimmicks guys? Not just for Distiortion either, for all of the card effects that release here at Theory11 that involve a gimmick.

Also...what do you think it might take to get Daniel Madison to release a DVD version of Lethal through Theory11? Or do you think that the UMC will release a DVD version of it? I don't like downloading effects unless neccessary. (ex. 1-on-1's)
Mainly because it eats up some much needed disk space.

That's all I have at the moment!

Shane K.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results