This is Mentalism by Rich Ferguson

Jul 18, 2010
I believe it just came out today. So its not likely that you will get feedback just yet. Mentalism isn't really my thing but Rich knows what he is doing so I would assume its probably good.

Oct 12, 2009
Navarre, Florida
I was really satisfied with tagged. I think he has a good teaching style and the whole dvd was put together well so I'd bet on This is Mentalism being a good purchase as well.

Apr 27, 2010
baller08.blogspot.com
I was fortunate enough to know a magician that I perform with that got a beta copy of this DVD. The material is top notch, no fillers. It is worth every penny because it forces you to focus on audience management, psychology, and true audience participation. Unlike a card effect where its easy to hide behind the routine or the sleights, this will not only advance in mentalism but it will also advance you in other areas of magic.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
R1's review is great, I have very little to add. I think this is a great DVD for people that want to get beyond the bare basics of mentalism, or who want to transition from magic to mentalism. The techniques he gives are frequently in multiple ways, so there's a method that's fool proof, followed by a way to make it a bit riskier but maybe more powerful. Basically, moving away from the surefire methods that magic relies on, to the some times not 100% methods that mentalism employs.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Did two tricks from this video at a dinner last night. This is real worker material, great for the party magician (which is a lot of the work Rich does). Easy, hard hitting and little to no reset on several of the effects. Also, at least the bits I did, very repeatable without giving anything away. I did Alpha Pack and the No Risk Poker Deal multiple times for three sisters and every time the reactions included, "How do you do that?! Over and over I just don't get it!"

Aug 28, 2010
along with everybody else Im going to have to say you need to buy this dvd! its great material thats simple and fun to do! the simplicity behind most of the methods shown allow you to focus on your spectator(s) and quite frankly just BS the crap out of em!! the book peak is something youll want to do any chance you get!! Ive used it on a coworker already who happened to be reading on lunch break. it works with almost any paperback book so the personal connection is so much higher for the spectator when youre able to just ask to see THEIR OWN BOOK, riffle the pages and have them say stop, and after some BS and having seemingly never actualy looking at the book before, you "devine" the word theyre thinking of...its a powerful moment! I wont even get started on "the window!!" if you want to effect your spectators on a deeper level than the standard "well that was cool"...you wont regret your purchase! trust me...Im a doctor!! (okay I made that last part up, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results