Something theory11 Should Have

Jul 9, 2010
Saginaw,MI
Last night i was thinking theory 11 should have a chatroom where people can discuss magic and cardistry or whatever what do you guys think about it

Dec 26, 2009
There have been multiple threads started talking about magic chat rooms. Search before you start a new thread. Not a mod. I'm just saying.

Jun 10, 2010
There have been multiple threads started talking about magic chat rooms. Search before you start a new thread. Not a mod. I'm just saying.

Sam nailed it. And people think The Wire is going to be a chatroom, but the main downfall is that more people might use that then the forums, and when people aren't online, they could be missing out on tons of stuff. Having the information displayed in the forum would allow everybody to be able to access it, whether they were online at the time or not. So everybody is happy :)

Jan 13, 2008
There used to be an unofficial irc set-up (a few times), which would be popular at first, but quickly fade away in popularity. It's been tried a few times, never really sticking. The forums do the job nicely, anyway. What's the benefit of a chat, instant replies? Then people miss out. The message board is doing the job just fine...there's really no need for a chat room of any sort.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Everyone else here has pretty much said it. If you want to go to a chat room I believe the exomagic tiny chat is still up and running. It ranges from 2 people to 15 sometimes with even some artists popping in from time to time. I stop by about once a week just to say hi and see what the discussion is.

With the forum everyone has access to all of the valuable information when they can get to it on their own time. If everyone just went to the chats then it would not benefit the majority of our members. Everyone is on different time zones, some of us work throughout the day and so it is imperative to keep most of our info in the forums.

Also..chat rooms do not let you go back and view the history of discussions that took place months ago where here we have access to archived threads / posts.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results