I want

Aug 14, 2010
Hello people!

I'm just 15 years old and just thought this idea few minutes ago. This is how I imagine what the effect is going to be and reactions of people.

THE EFFECT: I ask a person to think of a word. Let's say the word is "DEATH". Then I ask him to focus his mind and send the letters to me. Then I say:

D

I can see a letter E

DEATH.

And then they're all shocked. But the effect is not yet over. I say:

You sent the letters to me. My turn to send it back to you. I want you to point one finger and touch me. As soon as they touch me, they feel something. They really feel something. Then I say:

Slowly turn over your arm.

And the thought of word materialized on his arm. And all the people are blown away.

I want my image to be scary. I'm not trying to imitate someone. I want to be different. I want to be me as a person.

I want to be different so I won't be using a deck of cards instead I planned to write scary words that they can choose to think of in blank cards. These are some of the words:

1. Death

2. Evil

3. Devil

4. Demon

5. Hell

6. HAUNT

7. MERCY

8. INSANE

9. END

10. FALL

11. WORLD

12. TODAY

13. KILL

14. BURN

15. SIN

Now after I thought of these words, I got really scared and I'm thinking if I should still continue this idea.

Pls help me people. I'm really scared that something might happen. I'm a Christian Catholic. Should I still continue this idea?

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Jul 14, 2010
lol are you serious?
nothing is gonna happen when you think of words...you ll be fine.there is no god

the effect sounds cool...its pretty much rich fergusons tagged with a slightly diffrent presentation.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Hello people!

I'm just 15 years old and just thought this idea few minutes ago. This is how I imagine what the effect is going to be and reactions of people.

THE EFFECT: I ask a person to think of a word. Let's say the word is "DEATH". Then I ask him to focus his mind and send the letters to me. Then I say:

D

I can see a letter E

DEATH.

And then they're all shocked. But the effect is not yet over. I say:

You sent the letters to me. My turn to send it back to you. I want you to point one finger and touch me. As soon as they touch me, they feel something. They really feel something. Then I say:

Slowly turn over your arm.

And the thought of word materialized on his arm. And all the people are blown away.

I want my image to be scary. I'm not trying to imitate someone. I want to be different. I want to be me as a person.

I want to be different so I won't be using a deck of cards instead I planned to write scary words that they can choose to think of in blank cards. These are some of the words:

1. Death

2. Evil

3. Devil

4. Demon

5. Hell

6. HAUNT

7. MERCY

8. INSANE

9. END

10. FALL

11. WORLD

12. TODAY

13. KILL

14. BURN

15. SIN

Now after I thought of these words, I got really scared and I'm thinking if I should still continue this idea.

Pls help me people. I'm really scared that something might happen. I'm a Christian Catholic. Should I still continue this idea?

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I don't think there's anything wrong with using strong words. Think about scary movies for example. You go see them precisely to be scared. That's alright - nothing happens because of it. I don't think you should be scared about that.

From what I understand, the idea itself probably isn't original to you, but that's not a bad thing - just mentioning that point.

The effect sounds good. I would suggest picking up a copy of Banachek's Psychological Subtleties (1) if you can. He has some wonderful advice about revealing a thought of word, amongst many other things - something I use every time I perform.

Aug 14, 2010
Matze:

Yup. It's really tagged by Rich Ferguson. But most of the time, I don't follow exactly the DVD. I want to be different than other magicians so I change some ideas but I make sure that the idea is as great as the DVD or even better. And I think only few people use blank cards. So I thought of using blank cards with words instead of books.

I also combined the electric touch here when I said: You sent the letters to me, my turn to send it back to you. Touch me.

I'm still scared. Hehe

Aug 14, 2010
praetoritevong:

Yes. I did not create this effect. The effect is tagged by Rich Ferguson. I just thought of the idea of using scary words.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
praetoritevong:

Yes. I did not create this effect. The effect is tagged by Rich Ferguson. I just thought of the idea of using scary words.

Yep, I know. I guessed Electric Touch as well, but that's alright. I meant more the plot of the effect. But it's great that you're finding an interesting way to use quite a powerful gmmick.

Aug 14, 2010
praetoritevong:

Yes. I also combined the electric touch here. I have a question. What do you think is a more powerful reveal of a thought of word? Saying 1 or 2 letters before saying the whole word? Or staring mysteriously at them in the eye and just say the whole word?
Thanks for the advices

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
Yeah, don't spread yourself too thin. You've got a good ambition going with your word revelation, so stick with it, flesh it out, and develop it.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
praetoritevong:

Yes. I also combined the electric touch here. I have a question. What do you think is a more powerful reveal of a thought of word? Saying 1 or 2 letters before saying the whole word? Or staring mysteriously at them in the eye and just say the whole word?
Thanks for the advices

If you do it right, I prefer one or two letters. As I mentioned, I use a letter divination ploy by Banachek in PS1 - it's a good investment, although I can understand not being willing to buy it based off one little tidbit. What it basically means though is that I generally reveal two to three letters depending on the length of the word. I also prefer stating a wrong letter initially, and then changing it to the right one. I like to hint at process because mind reading is something that is more difficult to make interesting and/or visual.

Aug 14, 2010
praetoritevong:

Thank you very much for your advices. I also say a wrong letter sometimes and say the right letter because I think it's more realistic. I have another question. Is there are difference in the reaction of people when you reveal first the 1st letter then the 2nd? Or revealing the 1st then the last letter? Or revealing the last letter first? Thanks.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
praetoritevong:

Thank you very much for your advices. I also say a wrong letter sometimes and say the right letter because I think it's more realistic. I have another question. Is there are difference in the reaction of people when you reveal first the 1st letter then the 2nd? Or revealing the 1st then the last letter? Or revealing the last letter first? Thanks.

I reveal a middle letter and then the last letter. You have to understand the Banachek ploy to understand why.

Generally, unless you have a specific reason to go for a specific letter, I really don't think it matters. I would just think clearly about it. If there was, say, a Q in the word, I'd use that, because it's not a common letter. But I don't think it really matters if you're just tossing up between straight divining the first and second or first and last letter.

Actually, thinking about it, I'd probably still go random letters as opposed to first and second. The reason is this: I don't want them to think "Oh, he's got it" too early. I want to delay that moment as far back as possible. I'd be afraid that if I said the first two letters, they might prematurely conclude that I already got the word, in which case, their reaction to the divination of the entire word would be diminished. Just a theory, but I think it makes sense. I hope this makes sense. I want to prolong the revelation of the word as much as possible, and therefore I would prefer to avoid telegraphing the end result as much as possible.

And for your hypnosis question: Anthony Jacquin.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results