Emancipate

This didnt make it to the media section so I decided to post it up here. Its a new 4 ace effect of mine, thats possibly going to betaught on a collaboration DVD that I'm a part of.

[video=youtube;NKjVzRfarkA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKjVzRfarkA[/video]

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
UM93, thanks for posting the video. I have to warn you first that some of the comments are going to be a little critical, but I'll explain below.

I'll be completely honest, I don't think it's worth putting on a DVD. Main reason being, I don't see why. It's a vaguely interesting combination of sleights, but certainly nothing original methodologically, and nothing new otherwise (i.e. presentation or any other ideas). The combination of sleights may well be unique, but that really doesn't mean much in my view. I don't think that it has any value above and beyond anything that's already out there. Being new, again theoretically, in combination, is one thing - but being new in and of itself I don't think justifies being put out. It doesn't contain any advantages that place it above other handlings, for example. I just honestly don't think that it has any particular draw to it as an effect above any other. Now granted, a lot of effects go in this category - but that's precisely the point. I also think some points of the handling just aren't as good as other handlings.

That said, I do want to say that you've put together a good video - you performed the effect reasonably well. A few minor things that are mostly handling problems in my opinion, but I like how you use the first phase to set up for the second. I think the effect you've put together is decent too.

@ Prae:

I agree completely on this being just a revision of some effects that have been out before, and also that it reallly isnt anything DVD worthy in and of itself. With that said, the DVD this will possibly be on is a DVD through a magic company that contacted me and liek 10 other magicians that are "popular" on youtube. The premise was to put any of our original effects and variations onto one collaboration DVD. Almost like the "reel magic magazine" DVDs.

Thanks for your input though, as it's made me reconsider a few things:D

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Sure, that's fair enough. I apologise for the criticism - the video quality itself was better than the amount of criticism suggested. If you do decide to put it out (I can understand putting it out in that context, especially being somewhat of a "concept DVD" so to speak), then best of luck with it. :)

Sep 6, 2009
Cincinnati
@ Prae:

I agree completely on this being just a revision of some effects that have been out before, and also that it reallly isnt anything DVD worthy in and of itself. With that said, the DVD this will possibly be on is a DVD through a magic company that contacted me and liek 10 other magicians that are "popular" on youtube. The premise was to put any of our original effects and variations onto one collaboration DVD. Almost like the "reel magic magazine" DVDs.

Thanks for your input though, as it's made me reconsider a few things:D

Wow! congratulations. :D

Jul 12, 2010
Sweden
Holysh!t!

Great work man, loads of good luck with the DVD. Even though the sleights may not be completely original, the effect is very well put together and definately worth learning.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results