Diagonal Palm Shift-Performance

Aug 6, 2009
Greetings fellow humans! I've been working on this move for a couple of months now. Constructive criticism is appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QFZRps-MQw

Also just a quick question which isn't related to this but what is the move called when a card is stolen from the center of the deck into tankai palm? I learned it from Chad Long at his lecture a while back but I don't think he mentioned what is was called.

Thanks,
Andrew

Jul 14, 2008
Honestly? You performed Diagonal Palm Shift extremely well, better than me, actually. Just remember, when you are performing to the audience, use misdirection and then execute the shift. Other than that, well done!

I dont know where you learned this but I suggest you go back and read erdnase again. Your left hand is doing WAY to much work. The left hand is supposed to stay entirely still as the steal is executed and the deck is passed out for a shuffle, examination, etc. If you need a visual reference I can assist you. Just let me know

Aug 6, 2009
Thanks for the criticism! I know what you mean now as I watch the video again, my left hand is making unnecessary movements and have found the problem and am correcting it as I read TEatCT once again.

Thanks,
Andrew

Joey144

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
Bavaria, Germany
Hey Andrew
The main thing I recognized is that your left hand moves back, instead of the right hand moving forward as you should.
a good practise trick is to slap the deck onto the table after you shifted the card
This helps with the practice of going forward

hope it helps you aswell =)

cheers
Joey

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 4, 2008
Yeah there is some fishy movement with your left hand. One way to cover it is to square the long sides of the deck with the left hand and then immediatly square the short sides of the deck with the right hand. The actual steal is made in a kind of circular motion but it should look like you are squaring the deck along the length and then the width...hope that made sense.

liquidsn

Tony Chang / Creator, Be Kind Change, DVR, The Uni
Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
I suggest you actually put a card into the deck and table the deck, for real. Film that. Do it for real. Look at what you do if you actually did it. Then after you understand the action, make your sleights look the same.

Aug 6, 2009
Thanks for the comments guys I really appreciate it and will take them into consideration and apply them to the sleight.

Thanks,
Andrew

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results