Mature eyes only please...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 2, 2007
Heck yes, thats just how I roll....

HAHA!!! You guys are awesome.

Katie

You haven't seen nothing yet!!

I'll have to agree with this statement whole-heartedly (considering that it's a double-negative and means the opposite of what it looks like it means ;))

Anyway... yeah, this settles it. I'm going to start teaching my girlfriend magic. Girl magicians are hot.

Sep 25, 2007
Hmmm I'm glad to see a site that is so openly flooded with youth is proudly presenting the only known girl on this sites staff like this. I work with youth daily and if (when) I had (have) a kid into magic this would really bother me. Obviously its not the worst thing on the net (duh)... but seriously am I the only mature person on this forum? I'm really starting to see the moral indecency so tightly affiliated with t11. I am very disappointed in this thread, in katie, in the bucks, and the rest of the T11 staff.

Katie... there are kids that really thought your xcm was impressive because they rarely if ever see a woman doing fantastic card manipulations... however that impression is now gone and lost to a group of eager youth that now see you as a piece of meat.

Sep 1, 2007
Hong Kong
magicmagicmagic, what are you talking about?
Each person has different sides. She was just posing for photography, it was all clean. It was you who has a sick mind.

By the way, what does the Buck Twins have to do with this? Because of the Jerry's Nuggets cards?

Sep 25, 2007
magicmagicmagic, what are you talking about?
Each person has different sides. She was just posing for photography, it was all clean. It was you who has a sick mind.

By the way, what does the Buck Twins have to do with this? Because of the Jerry's Nuggets cards?

sick mind? what? are you kidding? What do you think is going though any kids mind when they see a half naked girl straddling a golden gun? don't be ignorant... this is just wrong.

as for the bucks, i just didnt list everyone... i didnt mean to just call them out. Some how I thought she was dating one of them or something lol maybe thats not right, doesn't really matter.

I'm pretty sure she is with Kenner isn't she?

Anyways, I see both sides to this arguement, but since the photography is great and the girl is gorgeous I like the photos. I realize that makes me ignorant (I don't know about immature) or insensitive from your point of view but the fact of the matter is, I just like the photos.

I'll have to agree with this statement whole-heartedly (considering that it's a double-negative and means the opposite of what it looks like it means ;))

Anyway... yeah, this settles it. I'm going to start teaching my girlfriend magic. Girl magicians are hot.

Yes they are my friend..
Take a look at this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71jOy1WM2Ek

Sep 2, 2007
Honestly, I think these shots are pretty tasteful. Kids can see women wearing less clothing on trips to the beach or pool with their families. Katie wasn't doing anything overtly sexual or raunchy in any of these photos...she's essentially posing in a swimsuit. If there's something morally corrupt about a two-piece bathing suit, I hope your children understand that explanation when you're trying to tell them why all the other kids can go swimming and they can't.

Sep 25, 2007
I'm pretty sure she is with Kenner isn't she?

Anyways, I see both sides to this arguement, but since the photography is great and the girl is gorgeous I like the photos. I realize that makes me ignorant (I don't know about immature) or insensitive from your point of view but the fact of the matter is, I just like the photos.

The photos are really well done, and from an artistic stand point with a focus on photography they are top notch. I just don't think its appropriate for this site knowingly promoting this stuff to our youth culture. And I'm 24 before anyone says I'm just old and out of touch... its not that, I just have morals. Katie is a beautiful woman but this is just disappointing.

and streetmage, I understand any guy liking these photos... but they are not tasteful. Would you send it to you mom or grandmother? I wouldn't but maybe thats just me. IF they were tasteful then why would they garner previous posts using the terms "scantily clad"? I just am starting to wonder why t11 would do this. It's not right... it just isn't.

KatieKenner

that girl who posts videos sometimes / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
Whoa, Whoa, Whoa....

These pics weren't even supposed to be released.

I know I'm not a piece of meat, because I have the chops to back up my art.

My DAD and MOM are members of this site, they don't really care. My Aunt, Uncle and GRANDPARENTS have seen these pics, they think they are good pics.

Chris Kenner loves me. And I am probably older than I look.

Any questions?

Katie Egleston

PS: Magicmagicmagic... You might want to report that guy who took a gun to your head and made you click the links of the pics to the police, obviously that's what happened or this would never be an issue with you.

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
Hmmm I'm glad to see a site that is so openly flooded with youth is proudly presenting the only known girl on this sites staff like this. I work with youth daily and if (when) I had (have) a kid into magic this would really bother me. Obviously its not the worst thing on the net (duh)... but seriously am I the only mature person on this forum? I'm really starting to see the moral indecency so tightly affiliated with t11. I am very disappointed in this thread, in katie, in the bucks, and the rest of the T11 staff.

Katie... there are kids that really thought your xcm was impressive because they rarely if ever see a woman doing fantastic card manipulations... however that impression is now gone and lost to a group of eager youth that now see you as a piece of meat.

Please tell me you are kidding.

Katie is awesome. Hell, everyone from Theory11 is awesome! We respect her very much for many reasons. Mainly, she's awesome and a very nice person to speak with, even if it is through the forum only. But, hey...you don't see me complaining. Also, Kenner would have our asses if we disrespected her in anyway.

She is quite good at XCM. I have to admit, a lot better than I am. :p

I'm sorry, but I've just got to say this. We, now listen very carefully here, DO NOT see her as "a piece of meat" as you put it. We see her as a pretty, polite, obviously talented woman.

Though, that's not to say that some of us don't have a crush on her. :p

It's all good, really. I'm sure that everyone else here on the forum will back me up with everything I've said in the post as well. But, first and foremost. She's our friend, right?

Respectfully yours,

Shane K.

Sep 25, 2007
seeing how by the post there was no way of knowing what the pictures contained I would say... huh? I just clicked it, yup all four... and from an adult stand point they are really well done and should be applauded, just not sure this it the right place for it given the considerably young clients.

and Krash... I expect everyone to back you up, when I posted this I knew I would have to stand alone on the moral compass. Heck its a pretty girl half naked with a gun and playing cards. I'm not stupid lol.

KatieKenner

that girl who posts videos sometimes / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
seeing how by the post there was no way of knowing what the pictures contained I would say... huh? I just clicked it, yup all four... and from an adult stand point they are really well done and should be applauded, just not sure this it the right place for it given the considerably young clients.

Welcome to Show Business...

Heck, Welcome to the MTV Generation.

Katie Egleston

Sep 2, 2007
The photos are really well done, and from an artistic stand point with a focus on photography they are top notch. I just don't think its appropriate for this site knowingly promoting this stuff to our youth culture. And I'm 24 before anyone says I'm just old and out of touch... its not that, I just have morals. Katie is a beautiful woman but this is just disappointing.

and streetmage, I understand any guy liking these photos... but they are not tasteful. Would you send it to you mom or grandmother? I wouldn't but maybe thats just me. IF they were tasteful then why would they garner previous posts using the terms "scantily clad"? I just am starting to wonder why t11 would do this. It's not right... it just isn't.

Not right by whose standards? I wasn't saying tasteful as in I like them; I was saying tasteful as in I wouldn't worry about a child seeing them. As I said, children can go to the pool or the beach and see women lying around in less clothing, and parents don't think twice about it. Assistants for stage magicians dress remarkably similarly to what Katie is wearing in some of these. How many children do you think are in those audiences? Same thing applies to circuses, where trapese artists and other acrobats dress are flying through the air, all "scantily clad" and exposed.

You could take that even a step further and look at other cultures. In some parts of Africa, women walk around topless/naked all the time and nobody has a second thought about it, sexual or otherwise. Are those people wrong, or is it just so hot in their countries that it's more comfortable to dress that way? I don't know about you, but I use the Bible to determine right and wrong in my own life, and the only restriction on dress I can recall right of the top of my head is Deuteronomy 22:5, which states that crossdressing is immoral. Katie is not crossdressing, so she is complying with God's dress code.

No, I wouldn't send these pics to my mom or grandma... but what does that have to do with anything? My mom and grandma are not interested in magic, nor are they interested in hot women laying around in piles of cards. The real question is, would I be ashamed or embarassed if my mom or grandma saw me looking at such pictures, and the answer is no, it wouldn't bother me because the pictures are not dirty or sexual in nature.

Sep 25, 2007
the title says mature eyes only please.....doesnt that give you a very good idea whats gonna be in the thread?

its a freaking magic site... so no IT DOESN'T. Exactly how many "mature eyes" do you think are going through this... and how many immature eyes do you think will be mature enough to say "hmmm im only 12, I wont click that because it says mature eyes only and thats not me." please

Sep 25, 2007

You could take that even a step further and look at other cultures. In some parts of Africa, women walk around topless/naked all the time and nobody has a second thought about it, sexual or otherwise. Are those people wrong, or is it just so hot in their countries that it's more comfortable to dress that way? I don't know about you, but I use the Bible to determine right and wrong in my own life, and the only restriction on dress I can recall right of the top of my head is Deuteronomy 22:5, which states that crossdressing is immoral. Katie is not crossdressing, so she is complying with God's dress code.

your first paragraph was ok and made valid points... but then you posted this and I thought "wow thats a stretch". I'm not budging on this, I don't think the photos are bad... they are actually quite good. But I do not and will not think this is the appropriate place for them. Obviously I am the only one who thinks this, which is and was completely expected. Also, just as an aside... if my fiance' saw these on my computer I think her feelings would be really hurt... and thats enough reason for me to personally be against them on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results