Body language

Mar 9, 2008
Hey i was looking to become more involved in how body language works, i know the basics but i want to know how to read advanced body language like eye movements. I always want to learn about lying and how to spot them.

Now i know this isn't magic related but i know that most guys out there like to do psychology related things into their routines and therefore i thought this would be the best place to ask.

Thanks

Sep 1, 2007
NLP makes more claims than it can actually hold up to, "the eyes have it" is not a true statement.

Pick up the book Five Points by Juan Tamariz to learn about body language in the way of magic.

Otherwise there isn't much else, pick up some books on NLP but don't completely buy into them, take some psychology classes at your college or local community college, other than that there isn't much out there that actually lives up to it's claims. People are complicated, there is no "system" or "algorithm" for the human brain.

Sep 1, 2007
Trying to detect lies by reading body language is notoriously difficult. Whatever you read on the internet is probably bull****. For example:

i only know that if you tell someone to tell you the truth and you look into their eyes. their eyes look glance to the left. or to the right, i can't remember...

This is crap. Anyone half-way decent at lying is going to be very good at making eye contact. I know this because, durr! That's my job! I'm a liar!

Learning body language can be useful, but it's just a distraction if you don't already have a grounded sense of the fundamentals.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
You're wanting a quick and easy way to learn something that requires DECADES of time to actually learn with NLP being one of the more questionable methods associated with such and FACS being one of the more commonly employed elements.

"Body Language" used to be taught in community colleges for very reasonable fees as a weekend type course. You can likewise take Psych courses in which you will learn about what the body tells you as well as learning how to use what you discern without feeding it back to the client but rather, offering them insights that can aid them in correcting issues your body language suggests to be going on in that person's life.

This is not a "trick" and really needs to be taken a bit more serious than seems to be encouraged.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results