What's the hardest phase of Jackson 5 for you?

Aug 31, 2007
California
Hey guys. I've been practicing my Jackson Five lately, and i'm doing pretty well. my only problem is the leno cut. i just have trouble because my hands are a bit too small, but i think i'll get it. What was/is the hardest phase for you, and why? How did you get it fixed, if at all?

edit. by the way, i meant to say the only hard part of leno for me is holding the packet between my right pinky and middle finger.

regards
remy

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
every movement is hard for me...i'm getting discouraged by this flourish...but it looks sooo good.

Oct 3, 2007
germany
to me, the leno cut is by far the hardest.. and besides that im having a little bit of trouble on madonna, for some reason i cant get the second packet to land properly it always just falls flush with the bottom packet :p

oh well, ill just keep working on it :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Europe
I have a problem with the last stretch of Madonna, and also connecting these different cuts to form the J5.

Leno is hard too of course.

Would you belive I can do to some standard nearly every Dan and DAve flourish but have'n't bothered with the J5 at all? I can do the Sybilism-Skater-Sybil bit, bleh, I'd rather practice Pandora, I like it more :) I'll play with J5 when I run out of other stuff to master, aka, in 7 years.

Aug 31, 2007
California
to me, the leno cut is by far the hardest.. and besides that im having a little bit of trouble on madonna, for some reason i cant get the second packet to land properly it always just falls flush with the bottom packet :p

oh well, ill just keep working on it :D

i run into that occasionally, if i try to speed it up haha. I'm gettin better though.

Hmm, for me would be Phase 6: Genesis.

I am completely serious though, as occasionally I get an unhealthy packet thickness which causes it to completely die. Other than that, I would say Phase 2: Sybilism is the hardest phase -- not because of it's mechanics, but because of it's difficult-to-grasp timing.

Jordan

Aug 31, 2007
I dont really like the leno cut phase at the end, cause I like to do the leno seperate and think it sorta changes the flow, idk, so I never do that. The part I hate is the uh wahtever that dispay is after the sybilism and that first flare, right before the 5 faces. It always takes me long enough that I feel the flow is ruined.

Aug 31, 2007
California
Hmm, for me would be Phase 6: Genesis.

I am completely serious though, as occasionally I get an unhealthy packet thickness which causes it to completely die. Other than that, I would say Phase 2: Sybilism is the hardest phase -- not because of it's mechanics, but because of it's difficult-to-grasp timing.

Jordan

That's true. For me, sometimes I'll get a big packet clipped in between my right ring and right middle fingers. That just ruins it for me. I also agree that sybilism needs that sort of timing knack to get it down.

Sep 1, 2007
Surrey.U.K
. I would say the hardest transition is from sybil to leno, it took me a lot of time to get it.
Same here, although it's an obvious transition the only person i've seen do it perfectly is Jordan. I find it a bit odd that in the j5 performance on the trilogy it is cut at this exact point, almost as if it ruins the flow.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results