A 7 year old stunned me :O

Mad

Jul 16, 2009
Alright, this is crazy and I feel like such a beginner/noob (call it what you want).

I was working at a school yesterday and a little girl, seven years old, performed a card trick.
She took out 7 or 8 court cards and put them in two rows.
She then closed her eyes (I made sure she really did) and she told me to turn one ore more cards 180 degrees.

She then looked at the cards and she seemed really confused, then se pointed at the cards I have turned.
I did this atleast 20 times and I made sure she had no one that helped her out.

I feel so stupid and I know a way to do this but that requires it to be spot cards..

Oh and I forgot to mention, she never had to do any reset or set-up in advance.

You guys or girls know how she did it?

Sep 25, 2010
Yes! propably she used one-way spot cards like sevens or nines. When she takes out the cards, she placed all in the same way. when she open her eyes again, she just looks wich cards lay revese, thats all.

Mad

Jul 16, 2009
Yes! propably she used one-way spot cards like sevens or nines. When she takes out the cards, she placed all in the same way. when she open her eyes again, she just looks wich cards lay revese, thats all.

As I said, its done with court cards. Thats what stunned me.

Sep 25, 2010
alot of decks have minimal missprints , so that the blue box of court cards is not exactly in the center,
and this fact is known by some laymens

Mad

Jul 16, 2009
But I also know about that and I made sure that wasnt the case. Even if I would have missed it she was able to repeat her trick atleast 20 times. And she couldnt possibly been able to remember all the cards that had been turned during all these repetitions.

Mad

Jul 16, 2009
Cards were borrowed from school and was no special cards. Normal cards printed in sweden.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
who cares how she did it.
I would kill to be fooled by a 7 year old... or fooled at all (in real life)....

im more amazed by the fact that shes a girl...

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
simple is the mind of the child. When you turned it, you altered its position. Could be as simple as noticing which one has moved a little. also look for an end mark. By running a sharping down the short end of a deck it becomes black. A 180 revolution would change a group all black or all white facing you and one would stand out.

Mad

Jul 16, 2009
The deck could not have been handled before and I have thought about the positioning of the card aswell but I do know that a few times when i spinned the card around i accidentally moved other cards, just a little. But she never seemed to care about those cards.

And there could have been no stooges, since I was the only one there.

This really got me, and I always thought that when I once again could see a card trick done that seemed so natural and magical I would be happy, but it just bugs the hell out of me. :(

May 10, 2010
As simple as the methods may be, perhaps we should try to encourage ourselves to, for once maybe, enjoy the viewpoint as a spectator, simply indulge in not knowing the method, and plainly love the art of magic. I may have some form of idea how she did it, but whether or not she used the same method in my mind I will never know. Instead, I would like to see such true magic for myself, it must have been an amazing experience!

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
As simple as the methods may be, perhaps we should try to encourage ourselves to, for once maybe, enjoy the viewpoint as a spectator, simply indulge in not knowing the method, and plainly love the art of magic. I may have some form of idea how she did it, but whether or not she used the same method in my mind I will never know. Instead, I would like to see such true magic for myself, it must have been an amazing experience!

Well said, and precisely why I didn't mention precise methods.

Mad

Jul 16, 2009
I do agree with you, it was an amazing experience. Im just curious if it was something she had thought of herself. Because first I was showing her and her little friend some routines like ACR and so on. And she sat, all quiet and the only thing she reacted to was when I had a card in my mouth.

She then asked to borrow the cards and thats when she blew my mind. Amazing but still so hard for me to process.. All my years in card magic and I cant understand it.. makes me truly.. mad. :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results