Blind Practice Session - Constructive Comments Welcomed!

Hey guys so as some of you know I have been working on my gambling sleights. I've decided to work my way through Erdnase from start to finish. While I was warming up I decided to work on some false cuts and shuffles with my eyes closed. I figure if I can pull them off without looking then it will make them that much better. I quickly filmed it so any comments are appreciated. This video is unlisted as I just made it to get feedback/advice.

Thanks a bunch for any help I might get!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fgh5U9B_Us&hd=1

P.S. I've shown this to a few people and I know I need to work on my cover for my push through false shuffles. I filmed this about a month ago, so I think I might film another one soon

Jan 5, 2010
Alabama
Hey Josh,

I really like your stuff. On your shuffle, push the cards perfectly flush until the last millisecond, then do the move. This will make it look 100% smoother and clean.

Watch the preview of Jason's Push-Through :)

Oct 15, 2008
Tennessee
A point on the shuffle.
Its much easier if you dont actually riffle all the cards together so tight.
If you start by dropping a block in one half of the deck then lightly riffling the card together it makes it much easier.
I don't know if that makes sense, im not good at putting my thoughts into words.

Jun 29, 2010
France
Dai Vernon published a blindfold poker demonstration, inspired by the legendary Walter Irving Scott. You can find this routine in "Dai vernon - inner secret trilogy" or something like that.

I dont know the routine but maybe that will help you.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
To be honest, it seems like you still need work on just your blind riffle shuffling, not the push through. You tend to bend the cards way too much when you riffle shuffle, hence the massive bend in your cards. You could even be accused of peeking if shuffling like that in some games. In addition, there is no pause between he push through and the strip, giving it a very odd balance. If you were to do an actual riffle shuffle, square up, and then a cut, there would be a distinct pause in between, thus you need to have that pause when doing your push through.

Also, the angle in which you are pushing through is way too wide/ noticeable. Perhaps you could post a video of a non-blind push through first, just to make sure you have that down well enough.

Aug 20, 2010
Practicing
Learn to riffle the cards correctly first.

On another note, the spectator should never be able to notice an X being made with the cards.

TokyoUW's advice is good.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results