Factory Sealed or Bullet?

Oct 6, 2007
Im thinking of getting only ONE, but i can't decide which is better.

Could some of you guys tell me which is better in terms of:

Amount of Preperation/Impromtu-ness
Effect/Reactions
Difficulty
....anything else would be good too, thanks!

This should be in the Product Questions forum.

But I honestly wouldn't recommend either. Factory sealed is simply an upgrade to Impervious, and it's not a major upgrade. The first version is different, but the second version (which is the one you will use more often) is simply a small handling change to Impervious.

As for Bullet, it isn't my style, I like slow visual penetrations rather than quick, to the point penetrations.

Mitchell

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Im thinking of getting only ONE, but i can't decide which is better.

Could some of you guys tell me which is better in terms of:

Amount of Preperation/Impromtu-ness
Effect/Reactions
Difficulty
....anything else would be good too, thanks!

There are quite a few reviews out there to read through for both effects which have replies that give even further information and opinions.

If you are trying to decide there is a simple question you could ask yourself:

Do you want a slow visual melting of the coin into the bottle?

or

Do you want a lightening fast penetration into the bottle?

Both are perceived as complete impossibilities by the spectator. Get both if you are really unsure and save a few bucks =)

--Jim

Sep 1, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
This should be in the Product Questions forum.

But I honestly wouldn't recommend either. Factory sealed is simply an upgrade to Impervious, and it's not a major upgrade. The first version is different, but the second version (which is the one you will use more often) is simply a small handling change to Impervious.

As for Bullet, it isn't my style, I like slow visual penetrations rather than quick, to the point penetrations.

Mitchell
Hey there, As far as I understand it, Nick had been using FS long before Impervious was released/invented. So perhaps Impervious was a downgrade to FS? I dont mean that last sentence literally as Im sure both creators individually came up with these. I may be wrong but thats just what I have come to understand.

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Hey there, As far as I understand it, Nick had been using FS long before Impervious was released/invented. So perhaps Impervious was a downgrade to FS? I dont mean that last sentence literally as Im sure both creators individually came up with these. I may be wrong but thats just what I have come to understand.

Here is a quote from Jeremy Hanrahan:

I am here to set the record straight, from the horse’s mouth if you will that Factory and Untouchable are completely different. Nicks method is diabolical, and his enhancements to this classic effect just propel it to the next level. So if you read that they are the same, please quote me, so that other magicians are well informed.

That should clear things up a bit I would think.

--Jim

Oct 10, 2007
I think he is not refering to Jeremy's CTB. Jeremy's CTB is not in the picture at all.

I think he is refering to Chris's CTB in Impervious instead.

Oct 17, 2007
Personally I think that factory sealed would be awesome... I'm just wondering, can just give them the bottle with the coin in it?

It got moved.

I ordered both (on DVD) Wednesday night, judging by E's usual shipping speed, I should have them tomorrow.

I'll post a review of both, and my opinions on what to got.

-Zodiac-

You should buy the download bundle next time...trust me the extra 10 bucks is worth it.

Ok here is my opinion on both (I own them both) under the criteria you posted:

Impromptu-ness
Bullet:Much easier to do Impromptu if you can control your audience, and is impromptu with no gimmicks at all, and the set-up is really 3 seconds like they say.

Factory Sealed:You would have to be a lot sneakier to perform impromptu BUT the coin cannot be signed, where-as it's possible for Bullet.

Reactions
Bullet:Your audience will seriously flip, just the sheer velocity of the coin penetrating will catch them off guard and they'll be amazed. Especially the signed version but, you MUST be able to do it cleanly, if not the effect will be blown

Factory Sealed:Factory Sealed will make your audiences just stop. It is a pulse stopping effect where they will be left stunned and will have NO WAY of figuring out. It is probably the strongest reaction of shock you will recieve.

Difficulty

Bullet: Bullet is basically pure sleight of hand with a twist. You will have incorporate 3 or 4 sleights to achieve this and if they're done poorly, then your screwed.

Factory Sealed: It's much more about presentation and controlling the audience. You will need to know maybe 1 sleight, that's all. It is the simpler of the 2 effects, you just must know when and where people will look.

Hope this helps a bit,

-RA69

Oct 6, 2007
Thats for writing the only post that answered my question;)

That was really helpful, im just wondering now, which of the two do you like better?

Thats for writing the only post that answered my question;)

That was really helpful, im just wondering now, which of the two do you like better?

Too be honest it's too early to tell because I haven't performed them enough yet, they each have their qualities. I like the impromptu and signed coin capabilities of Bullet, but, the slow osmosis-like penetration of Factory Sealed and the whole concept of a Factory Sealed bottle is amazing. There is a downfall to the borrowed bottle method though of Bullet, and getting the right bottle helps as well.

It's up to what you think reading reviews and other peoples opinions. I don't really have a favourite.

-RA69

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results