Stairway problem

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
Ok so I've been working on Stairway for about 2 and a half weeks now and I'm still not getting it. I think I'm doing "the move" wrong because when I try to make it penetrate the first time, the bands pop completly off my fingers thus ruining the "stairs" and the band just falls to the floor. Also he says to clean up all you have to do is open up your hands and it'll get rid of the set up move, but when I let go, the bands just pop off my fingers. I've been playing with this for awhile and there really isn't anything I can do to not make it come off. The only thing I can think of is that I'm doing the move wrong but when I watch the explaination I do EXACTLY what he's doing so I don't understand what I'm doing wrong........ can I get some help?

Jul 18, 2010
Perhaps make a video of what you're doing and show it to someone who has it. I don't know what else to tell you.

Apr 27, 2010
baller08.blogspot.com
Hey James - I had that problem for the first couple of days as well, but I was able to not have that happen anymore. I use Stairway during my dinner show nearly every time so I can help you with it. It's something we should probably take to PM or IM.

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
Work on different places to put the bands on your fingers for the very START of the setup. Find a place were it doesn't slide off and make sure to keep your hands mirrored exactly so there is no slipping.

I've been doing this in live performances for some time now and will be using it in a couple days at my first paid gig :D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results