Bullet & Factory Sealed

Sep 1, 2007
BULLET
Matthew Mello
Nick Verna
------
This is the best impromptu coin in bottle I have ever even seen. I am so glas justin teaches this, he is a great performer, a great teacher, and a great magician overall.

INTRO:
This is basically the titles and such. It is very well put together, and edited very nicely. There is a montage of the coin penetrating the bottle, followed by a montage of the great reactions. Just by waching this, you can tell you're in for a great DVD/download!

PERFORMANCES:

The first performance is of the first and easiest version of Bullet. It is the one where the spectator's think there is a hole in the bottom from the trailer. Then you get to see them trying to pup the coin through the bottom of the bottle, but keep dropping the coin.

The next one is the same as above, but the date is noted. The 2 women he performs it for start giggling once they examine the bottle.

The next performance is the first version again, but they completely cut the penetration part out of the video.

The one after that is again another performance of the first version.

Next is the 2 phase version called Airborne using a coin signed on both sides.

Here is another great performance of the Airborne 2 phase routine using a signed coin.

This next one if the first version of Bullet, but done with a signed coin, and a borrowed bottle. Justin goes up to a guy with a bottle full of liquid, it is dumped out, and he immediatly performed Bullet. The specator says Justin basically has special powers.

That is it for the performances for Bullet but there will be flashbacks in the teaching section showing when he does a certain move.

TEACHING:

First off, Justin performs Bullet for the camera (the best I've seen him do it so far), and then immediatly tells the basic ingenious method behind Bullet. He says "any sports bottle will work", but in fact, ANY bottle will work. You could do this with a glass bottle, soda bottle, pill bottle, or whatever your want. He now talks about displaying the bottle, and showing it completely empty. His teaching is incredibly in depth, as this trick is incredible. He teaches the basic sleight used for the penetration very well. This is so easy, someone with athritis could do this and fool people. The second after you penetrate the coin inside the bottle, you can hand it out immediatly. You could even slap the coin again the bottom of the bottle, poppoing the coin into the bottle, while knocking it right into the spectator's hands. The penetration looks absolutly devestating. This version cannot be done with the signed coin, but the set-up literally is 3 seconds or less. Also, just to let you know, you don't even need the cap to do this. You could do this version and all the others with a drinking glass. This is definantly the easiest, and one of the most practical (anything more practical would be a differen method for Bullet) coin in bottles you will ever see. You can tell a lot of brainstorming was put into this. I really appreaciate this being released to the magic community! Now, on with the other versions.

Justin also talks about performing this where the date of the coin is noted, popped into the bottles, and immediatly given to the spectators to keep.

The next one is the 2 phase routine called Airborne. First, the coin is tossed into the air, and the bottle strikes down on the coin, penetrating it right in. You can stop there if you want, an hand out the bottle. Here is the next phase. You lay the coin on the palm of your hand, and just smack the bottle on the coin without moving your hand, the coin pops right through. No Strike Vanish here. This is a very visual well thought out routine. This one does need a label on the bottle, but using one sleight taught in Factory Sealed, you don't need a label at all. The first penetration is the closest thing to Matthew's penetration shown in the trailer.

Next, is the borrowed bottle version of the 2 phase Airborne with a signed coin. Justin doesn't axaclty teach it. Instead, they show the performance and writing appears on the screen that tells you what he's doing and when. I wish he did actually teach this, because their is an awkward move in there, that I would really like to see explained. He also performs the move facing away from the camera. By the way that old picture from the first page on the long Bullet and Factory Sealed thread on the Café was taked from that peformance.

Now, Justin teaches how to do Airborne with a signed coin. Oh, and instead of saying "turn the coin over", he accidentally says "turn the deck over". These videos are just filled with fun little surprises! Anyways, the version with the signed coin, the spectator actually without a doubt sees thier signed coin. Then you just penetrate it right into the bottle. They can still see the signed coin! Same thing with the rest of the routine. It is incredibly easy to do do moth phases with the signed coin.

In the next section, Justin teaches how to do Bullet without sleights. he teaches a few versions with gimmicks, but I don't think I should get into that. One of the gimmicks can be used for many other things, and will be sold be Ellusionist.

Well that's all there is to Bullet. There is a bunch of stuff in here I didn't talk about, because I want to leave it as a surprise, or it could lead to exposure. In the credits, you get to see some bloopers, and also a blooper during performance. This also works great with other object, too. Justin does not teach in here how to do this with a coin larger than the neck, but it can be done. Just buy Factory Seled along with this, and you will find out how. The angles are a lot better than you think at first. You just have to try in front of a mirror. Well I hoped you like my crappy review, now go buy Bullet!

Sep 1, 2007
FACTORY SEALED
Nick Verna
--------------

Factory Sealed is just the most bizarre looking trick. It is as impromptu as Bullet it, and should take no more or less time doing the uber-quick set-up, if you even want to call it a set-up.

INTRO:

This great video opens with the same teaser from the Ellusionst website a little while back. There is also a montage of the penetrations, and reactions, just like in Bullet. Well put together, too!

Performances:

You can obviously tell just by watches hte performances, that Factory Sealed makes a permanant impact of the way the spectators see reality.

The first one is with the same 2 kids from the teaser. He uses version 2 for this performance. You might be wondering why the bottom of thhat bottle looked weird in the teaser. it's because one of the kid's tried to push the coin through the bottom, and it made the bottom of the bottle push in like that.

Next, Justin performs the penetration that Nick Verna (burn this genious' name into your mind) performed in the trailer. Justin get's a great reaction with it. It is the first version. The spectator takes quite a while staring at the bottle in shock.

The next performance is the second version again. The guys at the end keep trying over and over to make the coin go inside just like Justin did. You can hear one of them say "he's my hero".

For the next performance, Justin performs version 2 again. He does encounter a heckler here, though, but he quiets down with foolery after a little bit.

Next up is version 2 again. For some reason Justin says, "you can see the coin through the glass. Now how the bottle like a piece of steel". No offense, just wondering why you tell the spectator's to hold it like a piece of steel. Anyways, it is another perfect performance.

And, here's yet another great performance of version 2.

TEACHING:

Well, here is the teaching, finally. Justin explains how this is his favorite coin in bottle ever. Pretty impressive, huh? It is a great trick.

Version one is up first. Why? It is version 1 of course! it's the one where you rub the coin against the side of the bottle, and it melts right through. Justin teaches quite a few great variations for this. Justin says this works best with Arrowhead bottles, so you might want to stock up on those. This will work with any bottle though, even glass. This penetration is just beautiful. I have already created my own version of this where you push the coin against the side of the bottle without cover at all, and it just pops through the side and falls over. If anyone who has Factory Sealed who is interested in this, just send a PM, please! The teaching is extremely good for this one, along with some great sleights.

The second version is extremely visual, as there is no cover whatsoever. The spectator gets to hold the cap. this is just beautiful, bit I already knew this, from the Impervious DVD (great DVD, by the way). This is the cleanest coin in bottle ever. You end completely clean for one of the versions for this.
For the other version of this, the spectator can even see the coin as you lay the bottle on top of the coin. This is obviously the one Justin performs the most.

Now, he teaches how to make the bottle seem factory sealed. The spectator cannot open it themselves, but the illusion is audibly perfect.

He now teaches a move to show the bottle completely empty. It can be used for any of the 2 effects.

He now tells you (tells, not teaches) how to get a larger coin inside the bottle that wouldn't noramally fit.

I just have to say, this is extremely practical. Also, this is only scratching the surface to the real underground work of Nick's effect. You do also get to see some of Justin's bloopers and whatnot during the credits. Buy Factory Sealed now!

Both these DVD were fun to watch, and these are extremely useful effects. Sorry if I didn't cover everything in the reviews, I stayed up all night typing this for you guys. Thanks Nick, Matt, Wayne, Justin, Brad and everyone else for your hard work! We all really appreciate it.

Buy Bullet and Factory Sealed!

Sep 4, 2007
FACTORY SEALED
Nick Verna
--------------

I have already created my own version of this where you push the coin against the side of the bottle without cover at all, and it just pops through the side and falls over. If anyone who has Factory Sealed who is interested in this, just send a PM, please!

Great review!

Please, please. please make sure they own it by asking questions that can only be answered by them having seen the DVD.

Thanks,

RJ

Sep 1, 2007
Yes, of course. I submitted it to iTricks.com, and they always put my reviews up, so it should be up there in no time. How did you even read this so quickly?

Ray

Sep 1, 2007
Germany
This version cannot be done with the signed coin, but the set-up literally is 3 seconds or less.[...] The spectator cannot open it themselves, but the illusion is audibly perfect.

I'd like to add that you CAN do a signed coin version of it.
You won't get it from the Factory Sealed DVD alone though.
I added a few things I learned from a Pit Hartling Performance (yeah I didn't knew he also does coin magic) and it works just fine.
Also with my current CIB knowledge I added something (call it a gimmick if you want. I don't see it as a gimmick) to actually give out the factory sealed bottle (and yeah they can open it) and let them keep it.
Even a bigger coin (signed as well) is possible.

None of these things were created by me and actually are on the market for quite some time. Sure, some of them need a bit more preperation then 3 seconds, but they can all be virtually impromptu, which should be enough to tell the truth.

Sep 29, 2007
Forum Floors
The creator(s) already made a post inviting others to explore the possibilities with these effects.

Yo would need to confirm anyting with the them before saying you created your own version.

Nick Verna himself said his submission video consisted of 10 or so ways to express the effect.

What you are most likely doing is simply discovering what is already there.

Sep 1, 2007
I'd like to add that you CAN do a signed coin version of it.
You won't get it from the Factory Sealed DVD alone though.
I added a few things I learned from a Pit Hartling Performance (yeah I didn't knew he also does coin magic) and it works just fine.
Also with my current CIB knowledge I added something (call it a gimmick if you want. I don't see it as a gimmick) to actually give out the factory sealed bottle (and yeah they can open it) and let them keep it.
Even a bigger coin (signed as well) is possible.

None of these things were created by me and actually are on the market for quite some time. Sure, some of them need a bit more preperation then 3 seconds, but they can all be virtually impromptu, which should be enough to tell the truth.

I know, but it's not taught in the DVD. I didn't want to say it could be done, or else people will expect it to be taught to them, and they will be a little dissapointed.

I'm a fan of FS more than Bullet, just because I like the water having a pure effect to it, and also because it seems easier to me, the subtleties are also great. Plus, I created my own super clean method, where you start and end clean, immediately clean, loving it.

brian.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results