Biography - Dai Vernon

Jun 10, 2010
Hey guys,

I just needed a quick bit of info on Biography by Dai Vernon. My only question is if it's going to tell me stuff that I can't find on Wiki.

Thanks,

Mehar

Read the description. It's not like Wikipedia's the end all, be all of his life.

If you can't read the description of the book on EVERY site the book's sold on, then it's not for you. Just stick with Wiki or w/e you use. It's got soooooooooooo much more. But don't expect to be taught much sleight of hand. There might be vague descriptions or listing of moves, but don't be surprised if you come up with nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I asked such a simple question because I read that already and I was just wondering if it'll have the same info as what Wiki has. Cause wiki has some history stuff and stuff Vernon. Sabor scared me away from it, I'll get it sometime later, or check it out at a bookstore around here.

Jun 10, 2010
^ I asked such a simple question because I read that already and I was just wondering if it'll have the same info as what Wiki has. Cause wiki has some history stuff and stuff Vernon. Sabor scared me away from it, I'll get it sometime later, or check it out at a bookstore around here.

I would check at any local libraries if they have it. I've checked a few and none don't. I don't expect them to have it, but you never know. It's 40 dollars saved if you can find it. More then that, if you count shipping.

I just don't think it's what you're looking for. It's not what you think it is, it's not a history of his search for every little sleight and pictures of them and everything. Wiki's got the basic info, unless you're a diehard fan. I only plan to purchase it so I can do it for a biography project in English in a few weeks.

Speaking of wiki, do you use wikipedia? Or have you also checked that MagicPedia thing hosted by Genii Magazine? I'm sure they've got info on Vernon too, haven't checked. I'll check tomorrow and let you know if there's anything extra not on wikipedia.

Jul 7, 2010
I highly recommend this book. You'll learn so much about Vernon, his life, how he get started in magic, etc. GREAT book.

Jonathan

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results