Trilogy Difficulty Level

Sep 12, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
Hey

Im looking at stuff to get for Christmas and saw The Trilogy by Dan And Dave. I was just wondering the difficulty level on the slights and florishes. I can do about 5 O.K flourishes, spin a card on my finger and can so slighs like the Classic Colour Change and Shape Shifter, but that is about it.So i am a basic novice looking to expand. I thank you for all your help in advance.

P.S I am only 12 and a half and have fairly big hands, just incase that comes up.
P.P.S Should i get all 3, and if i do wha t is the bonus, if you can tell me.

Aug 31, 2007
Amman, Jordan
I picked up the Trilogy when I was just starting out, the sleights are not easy, but they're taught clearly so learning them shouldn't be a problem. You should pick up all three dvds, it'll keep you busy for a long time. The everything else dvd contains 20 classic flourishes like the charlier cut, sybil cut, hot shot cut, etc. The bonus? You get a discount if you snatch all three at once.

Sep 12, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
I picked up the Trilogy when I was just starting out, the sleights are not easy, but they're taught clearly so learning them shouldn't be a problem. You should pick up all three dvds, it'll keep you busy for a long time. The everything else dvd contains 20 classic flourishes like the charlier cut, sybil cut, hot shot cut, etc. The bonus? You get a discount if you snatch all three at once.

Ahh cool thanks. I was wondering if i should get the killer card work bunndle from e, but i think i will get this and a few packs of guardians.

Sep 1, 2007
I would never recommend the Trilogy for beginners.
This DVD requires not only hard working.You MUST strong enough to accept it.

No beginner will take enough attention to the details, timing,rhythm and the feeling.You do not have the strong enough sense to catch that kinda things.

Ahh cool thanks. I was wondering if i should get the killer card work bunndle from e, but i think i will get this and a few packs of guardians.

I highly recommend that you do not start with the Trilogy. The stuff in there is for intermediate to advanced. Get Killer Card work and practice what is taught in those then after you get some experience step up.

Sep 2, 2007
The Trilogy can be difficult for neophytes and novices; however, the Trilogy does have a Flourishing 101 section. You may want to check out some of the 1-on-1 videos from the Trilogy to see if you're skill set is able to handle it.

If you're not sure in which direction to head, feel free to check out this helpful thread for those who are new to or want to learn cardistry and/or flourishing -- http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?t=1803.

Cheers,
JTM

Oct 21, 2007
www.hi5.com
I got the trilogy a long time ago back when it was at Ellusionist. I bought it, and I was a beginner. When I started watching it, I got extremely frustrated. Eventually I started to be able to do it, it was a huge challenge. There is nothing wrong with getting it if your a beginner, but if you do, get ready for a long challenge. If you get xtreme beginnerz first, then you would have a good heads up for the trilogy.

Sep 12, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
I think i might get the trilogy and 12 packs of guardians, and maby distortion, because my friend thinks it is computer graffics that make it. I don't have to much do do at the moment, so it will be good for a chalange and stuff.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results