Twilight Transpo

May 30, 2010
Australia
Hi guys,

I created this effect based on Daniel Garcia's Gambler's Swap. A transposition between 4 of a kind and a pair. I tried to show this effect earlier in the Magic Session, but my net connection is bad and everyone didn't get the chance to see it well.So here's a video of me performing it.

Tell me what you think guys, and yes, I don't do any out of this world moves, swivel uppercut steals, or any new hard core moves for this effect. Standard stuff, but I'm hoping you will enjoy...

Thanks in advance...

Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuZsnJeH1JM

Nov 29, 2008
Why use four kings? It seems like two of the kings never really go anywhere. And I understand that the ace under the box tranposes, but does the other ace really? You make it change but you show that the ace is still in your hand, so i guess that makes sense as it could have transposed with one of the kings in your hand. I think, in my humble opinion, its oddly structured. One ace transposes with one king, then you show the other ace transpose with a king, but the other two kings are just dead weight nothing happened with them. I think this effect would be stronger if you made all four cards transpose with both aces simultaneously. Or do some kind of reset plot where the aces start to become the four kings but immediately change back to the aces again.

I'll film a video of what I mean if you want/need.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 30, 2010
Australia
Why use four kings? It seems like two of the kings never really go anywhere. And I understand that the ace under the box tranposes, but does the other ace really? You make it change but you show that the ace is still in your hand, so i guess that makes sense as it could have transposed with one of the kings in your hand. I think, in my humble opinion, its oddly structured. One ace transposes with one king, then you show the other ace transpose with a king, but the other two kings are just dead weight nothing happened with them. I think this effect would be stronger if you made all four cards transpose with both aces simultaneously. Or do some kind of reset plot where the aces start to become the four kings but immediately change back to the aces again.

I'll film a video of what I mean if you want/need.

I definitely will take note of your opinion NJ. I was challenged by DG's Gambler's Swap description and came up with this structure.No need for a video NJ, I understand your point. Let you guys know if I find a better solution...:)

Nov 23, 2010
that's cool, it's my favourite Transpo routine too : )

but,if you use four ace too,it's can do 2 times transpo routine
1. u show 4 ace & four king
2. i'ts same with u do
3. a first transpo (ace to King) u can show to spectator that was 4 king (with rumba count or u'r favourite) first,that's give this effect will be nice before the second transpo.
4. boomm... u'r turn thats (4) card,changing to the ace again !
5. ending,it's same with u do,the king & ace is back

*maybe same with NJ means*
_cheers_

I mean no insults... but this routine just doesnt seem to make sense to me. Seems kinda pointless to put one ace down, and then have another switch places with 4 kings, when the second ace was in the same hand as those kings..

May 30, 2010
Australia
I mean no insults... but this routine just doesnt seem to make sense to me. Seems kinda pointless to put one ace down, and then have another switch places with 4 kings, when the second ace was in the same hand as those kings..

I agree with your point there, the transpo was not depicted clearly,but hey, shuffle with the idea, there're ways to make the transpo more visual. In this handling though, the twirl change was what I came up with., and the ace in the hand seemed wrong. I'll post a better one when I get my desired handling...Ok?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results