Asher 605's

Jun 10, 2010
So how r they are they worth the price fanning u know the usual questions ?

They can't fan at all, and they're stiff. You've been in magic 2-3 months, you've been buying enough. Simply put: They're not for you. You will know if they're for you. Trust me. They're not. Stick with bikes and bees.

Mr King Cobra

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2008
They are just about like the 505's. They do not fan at all. And $10.00 or $11.00 a deck, forget it. The Bicycle Mandolin Decks are way better than them. And you can get them for $2.00 a deck or less.

Ashrei

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
So here's my two cents.

These are great cards, but as saborfang17 said, they are stiff cards.

1. They don't fan well. If you are into XCM or things along that line, this isn't the cards of choice.
2. Cards stick together, but not in the old cards sticking together kind of way. Thanks to this property, doubles look awesome. However, because of this, I couldn't do my usual bottom deal, had to go back to Erdnase. However, passes and those, it works great.
3. I only saw this at the magic shop, so I didn't have long time to play with it, but supposedly it last longer. They are not particularly amazing perse, but arguably, if it lasts longer, price might be right.

If you are into Dan and Dave kind of material, this is not the card. But otherwise, it might be worth giving it a shot.

Jan 30, 2010
Tusk, North Carolina
I've had theses cards for around five months now and their still going strong. I love them personally, but they are pricey. It is difficult to get them to fan but once they break in good they fan as good as any other deck that have been really worn in. These handle better the longer I mess with them instead of the other way around. They are very stiff and heavy cards (which I'm a fan of). And you can do flourishes with them just especially cuts and aerials. But the fans and spreads aren't very nice. That said I'll give them a solid 4/5. simply because they are very high quality cards

Feb 4, 2008
Not much to add but they are great for knuckle busting, modern card sleights. The stuff made for stand up/walk around workers. They have some of the best single card glide actions I have come across therefore One handed pop-overs, venus trap, clip shifts, are all secure with 605s. Awsome at double techniques and spin moves. Also great for XCM packet cuts and aerials because they hold together so well. But as said, they don't fan to well so for tabled magic requiring smooth shuffle stacking, bottom deals, XCM that is heavy with fans and spreads, they are not a good choice. They are also so stiff that they will be a bit much for a beginner. Somebody else mentioned you have only been doing this for a few months....probably not for you. If you are collecting you might go ahead and pick one up. They won't last forever(though they are not in short supply that I know of) When the 605s are gone I know Lee Asher will do another signature series though whether it will be with Fournier is anyones guess?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results