Saturday Night Contest - Trick with a Treat

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
This week we bring you a Halloween themed, Super Spooky Saturday Night Contest. For those of you that have been waiting for a magic creation SNC, this one's for you! To participate you'll need any type of video camera or cell phone camera... and some candy.

The challenge tonight is to come up with a NEW trick that utilizes candy in some way. The presentation should be original to you, and created tonight specifically for this contest. You can use candy of any type: gum, Twizzlers, a Hershey's bar, or anything else you can conjure up.

Your effect must be filmed and posted in response to THIS forum thread on or before 11:00pm EST. If you think creating a great, new effect in such a limited time span is impossible, rest assured that theory11's own Calen Morelli has been doing so (to great success) every day for the past month!

Anything involving candy is fair game. Videos will be judged by our panel based on overall impact. The more powerful your effect is, the better. Think outside the box! You could even do a coin routine using Shock Tarts that change colors. The sky is the limit. Get out your candy and show us your trick with a treat!

Winner tonight will take home the title of being the 2010 Trick with a Treat Champion, and will have a shiny deck of White Centurions as your trophy, shipped on the house. Make it happen!

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Cool! I will try to create something!

Tons of possibilities here. If you're having trouble creating a new effect specifically with candy, try thinking of an effect with ANOTHER object that you can substitute candy in for. By changing the object, you can change the effect - and create something pretty sweet (pun intended).

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Can we use other objects too, or does it have to be JUST candy?

Other objects could be incorporated as long as candy is used at some point in the routine. For an examine, changing a Bic pen into a Hershey's bar, changing quarters into a Starburst, etc. As long as it uses candy in some way, it's fair game.

Aug 13, 2009
What about pictures of candy? do I have to actually use the candy, or can I just have a picture of it?

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Dec 20, 2009
Massachusetts
Here's my entry... I was actually having dinner with my family tonight in a Chinese restaurant (which had reallllyyy good food), and they gave Lollipops at the front for "desert". You know, those things they just give at the front. So anyways, I just saw them, and thought, "Hey, that's candy!" And viola! Anyways so here's my entry...

My Lollipop Routine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09kVUvzrSd0

Hope you enjoy it!

Happy Halloween everyone!

Rupayan

Aug 13, 2009
http://www.vimeo.com/16355017
Here it is. Been a while since I worked with lifesavers. had a whole routine with them before. Then I lost my notebook that had the ideas. And then i stopped performing it. So I recreated tonight. Very simplistic, not something I used before. And bad video quality :(

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results