Ellusionist Holiday Giveaway

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
The only thing I hate about E's holiday giveaways is that you have to spend a certain amout of money to get something, or you have to at least buy something to get your name eligible to be drawn. It's not really a giveaway. (Don't mistake this for a "bash E" post. I really like E I just don't like this little detail.) :)

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
i suppose when you lack substance you can always "buy" customers

the thing i always liked about theory11's contests where they were more of a bonus lottery. it was interesting and they played it up with interaction from the high ups. this seems more like a bribe, i mean what does an ipad have to do with magic? now a year's supply of cards, thats what a magician should want.

Last edited by a moderator:

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I'm sure Theory11 will come up with something great for the Holidays as well. It is still a tad early.
I actually had an idea awhile back that maybe Theory 11 could give out some of the super sweet T-shirts that none of us could afford as part of a Holiday promotion. Perhaps after you spent $75, you could pick the designer t-shirt you wanted for free.

Anyone else have ideas to share? I'm sure JB and company would love to hear our thoughts. Please try to be realistic.

Apr 27, 2010
baller08.blogspot.com
i suppose when you lack substance you can always "buy" customers. this seems more like a bribe, i mean what does an ipad have to do with magic?

Are you serious? What's your problem? You seem to have what I call "anti-success" syndrome. If something or someone is too big or achieves high financial success you are dead set on being critical of them, regardless of what they do, even without doing your fact checking.

E is giving everyone a chance on Twitter and Facebook to enter for free. But because you are so biased against them you automatically come up with a statement which makes you sound small and bitter.

You are actually critical of a company who is giving away an iPad. Think about how stupid you sound.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Are you serious? What's your problem? You seem to have what I call "anti-success" syndrome. If something or someone is too big or achieves high financial success you are dead set on being critical of them, regardless of what they do, even without doing your fact checking.

E is giving everyone a chance on Twitter and Facebook to enter for free. But because you are so biased against them you automatically come up with a statement which makes you sound small and bitter.

You are actually critical of a company who is giving away an iPad. Think about how stupid you sound.

baller, please do keep your judgemental attitude toward yourself.

I personally don't see anything wrong with them doing a holiday give away. Lots of magic and non magic sites do it every so often.

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
i wont get into it because i dont want this to deteriorate into a E debate thread. Needless to say my issues are not with the idea of making money, nor the holiday give away per say but rather E general approach to business and its interaction with its online community. Through my experiences with the site, in comparison with others, i have experienced a great disdain for the well being of the art and the advancement of its members. But those experiences are my own and may not be shared by everyone. Therefore i apologize for my comment, The prizes do appear nice if not a bit over the top and im sure many people will be very happy to win them.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results