theory11 + Linking Ring :: Submit Questions

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Jason, there are a lot of books on the theories behind performing magic, some that say you should attempt to make your audience believe and others that tell you to just let them know it's sleight of hand. For someone who isn't going to do gambling demonstrations like yourself, what advice would you give to an amateur trying to figure out which direction he should take his magic? Do you have any thoughts that you think are unique to the discussion of Skill vs. 'Magic'?

Rik Allen
Raleigh, NC

Jason, there are a lot of books on the theories behind performing magic, some that say you should attempt to make your audience believe and others that tell you to just let them know it's sleight of hand. For someone who isn't going to do gambling demonstrations like yourself, what advice would you give to an amateur trying to figure out which direction he should take his magic? Do you have any thoughts that you think are unique to the discussion of Skill vs. 'Magic'?

Rik Allen
Raleigh, NC

Rik, this is unrelated, but you live in Raleigh? I've lived here my whole life. Hah, small world.

-C

Hey, guys.

Many thanks to everyone who's submitted questions in the past week! Over the next few days I'll be going through all of the questions and choosing the ones we'll be using for the article. I'll post all of the chosen questions right here in this thread sometime in the next week.

Thanks again,
-Cliff

Hey, everyone.

Sorry it's taken so long to get these results posted. Thanksgiving put me in a turkey coma, and I'm still in the hospital hooked up to an IV of gravy. Okay, not really, I just haven't had time.

Anywho, here are the members who's questions have been sent to Jason.

Casey Rudd
Evan Bishop
Anna Harris
Krist Anthony Almario
Mehar
Rupayan Neogy
"Jomskylark"

Congratulations and thanks for the great questions!

If your question wasn't chosen, no worries. It isn't because I have a vendetta against you, it's probably just because your question didn't fit what I was going for in this article. Hopefully we'll do this again soon.

Keep your eyes peeled (not really, that hurts) for the full article and interview with Jason coming in January.

Thanks again, everyone.
-Cliff

Last edited by a moderator:
May 30, 2010
Australia
Wow, my question got chosen. Umm...I can't purchase the magazine here, but God bless to those who can and hope you all can find the answers to our questions informative and can help advance the art of magic. :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results