Bicycle 2-packs at Wal-Mart

Aug 14, 2010
Iowa
Yesterday I was at my local Wal-Mart, heading towards the electronics section, when I swung through toys for no apparent reason and almost passed a giant display (which is pretty lame considering it was massive and there were yellow banners everywhere) featuring these:

bikepack1.jpg

bikepack2.jpg

Obviously, it's a 2-pack of Bikes; one version is a blue Jumbo Index deck with a red Anniversary deck, the other is a red Standard deck with a blue Anniversary deck. I didn't see any of the opposite color scheme, but that doesn't necessarily mean they don't exist. The back of each of the boxes is just the Anniversary deck cover design. The sides are printed with the side designs of the decks. Overall it's a pretty slick package. Note that the plastic is not on the Jumbo or the blue Anniversary decks in the picture because I've opened them to check them out already.

The kicker / reason I'm wasting everyone's time, though, is the price: $1.97, cheaper than even a single pack of Standard Bikes ($2.17 or so at the Wal-Mart here; I've seen them as low as $1.89 at other Wal-Marts) and way cheaper than an Anniversary deck ($3.77). I originally saw them and said "ah, pretty cool" ... then I saw the price and immediately grabbed one of each.

I know people aren't huge fans of the new Standard Bikes (or the Anniversary edition to boot), but holy crap, this is a deal if you don't mind them - literally two decks for the price of one. I've seen similar 2-packs, but usually they're 3 bucks and only have two Standard decks, one of each color.

I was also at the local Mobil today and saw a 2-pack that looks almost identical to these, but doesn't have the Anniversary pack or the yellow "FREE 125TH ANNIVERSARY PACK" in the bottom right corner, so if you're really in for the Anniversary deck it might be a good idea to make sure you're grabbing what you think you're grabbing.

One thing, though: it's hard to tell from the picture, but the Anniversary packs included in the free deck deal DO NOT have the regular Anniversary case with foil accents - they're just the design without the foil. It wasn't a deal-breaker for me (though I was kind of disappointed) since I've been itching to get an Anniversary deck to use; I'll probably pick up the fancy foil versions to save for my collection, but these are a great (super-cheap) option for everyday use.

As far as I can tell the Anniversary edition included in the 2-pack is exactly the same as the "regular" Anniversary decks, except for the foil. The pips are retro, the Anniversary facts ad cards are included, one Joker is the retro one and the other is the current one; overall, I'm a huge fan of the deck.

The only other thing I'll say is that the decks are what you'd expect from Standard decks these days: they're pretty (okay, more like "very") rough on the edges at first, but handle fairly well out of the box and should smooth out over time.

I guess that's it; hopefully this helps some of you out!

Sep 27, 2010
Damn, I wish we could get Bikes down here. All we have is a brand called Queen's Slipper, and I have not been able to find those in poker size.

Oct 12, 2009
Navarre, Florida
My local walmart has some blue seal ohio bicycles in the party section but they are priced at 3 each. Besides that they usually have 2 packs for 3 dollars at the most.

Aug 14, 2010
Iowa
Dude thanks for posting this!! I bought out my local Walmart! Paid $25 and got 12 decks of bikes and 12 decks of 125s!!

Awesome - that's exactly why I figured I should post this tip. It's such a sweet deal and after doing a search and finding nothing I thought it would be a good idea to let everyone else know.

I'll probably pick up another pack tomorrow when I'm out getting groceries. If I think of it I can snap a picture of the display and put it up here; the one at my store is HUGE.

Dec 26, 2009
I am not sure if you guys know what Bicycle seconds are but USPCC puts out cards that don't meet their standards as "seconds" for a super cheap price. That being said I have one thing to say about these 2 packs.

I bought a 2 pack at Wal-mart in June this past summer and the front design of the 125's box wasn't shiny like normal. I opened them up and ran through the deck to find that every card in the last suit (new deck order) was cut so off center that there was almost no border in one whole corner. I went back and bought another 2 pack and found the same problem. I am not sure if I am correct in thinking this but I would almost bet that the cards I bought in this 2 pack were "seconds" and that is why they are so cheap.

My 2 pack didn't look like these ones though. Mine were cellophaned together side by side and the standard bikes box had a yellow banner that said "buy one get one free".

Aug 14, 2010
Iowa
I am not sure if I am correct in thinking this but I would almost bet that the cards I bought in this 2 pack were "seconds" and that is why they are so cheap.

Ah, in my excitement, I didn't even THINK of this... it's definitely possible.

That said, I have the Jumbo and blue Anniversary decks open, and they don't appear to be cut off-center or anything crazy like that. As I said in my original post, the edges are quite rough out of the box, but every deck I've gotten recently has been like that; other that that I can't find anything "wrong" with them.

I must say, though, I almost wish I *did* have a weirdly cut card... I might be able to come up with some kind of gaff use for it.

And at the very least, it's a great deal on cheap practice decks you can test out ripping, burning, and bending effects on. :p

Aug 14, 2010
Iowa
This is one of the cards from that deck I was talking about. The entire suit looks just about like this one card.

Holy cow, that's awful! Before I enlarged the pic I thought the deck was just tilting or something. >_> Talk about an optical illusion...

In the event that these 2-packs I've found *are* seconds, you (and anyone else reading this) can rest assured that the decks I've opened are not cut incorrectly like this; they seem to be perfectly fine.

Nov 8, 2007
The kicker / reason I'm wasting everyone's time, though, is the price: $1.97, cheaper than even a single pack of Standard Bikes ($2.17 or so at the Wal-Mart here; I've seen them as low as $1.89 at other Wal-Marts) and way cheaper than an Anniversary deck ($3.77). I originally saw them and said "ah, pretty cool" ... then I saw the price and immediately grabbed one of each.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results