Thumb Cut

Oct 17, 2010
Athens, Greece
Hey to all! I recently started Genesis Vol. 1 by Andrei Jikh. First of all i must say it is a wonderful dvd and i recommend it to every one, the moves are incredible and Andrei's explanations detailed and easily understood.
Now, though i didn't have any problems with the chariler, scissor or revolution cut, i can't seem to manage the thumb cut. Although i can get through grabbing the deck with the thumb, the supposably difficult part (i say supposably because Andrei's way makes it quite easy), i cannot use my middle finger to grab the pack in order to 'open' it. I guess after some days of practice i will manage to do it, just wanted to share my frustration. :p

C

Cardmaster211

We'll on the DVD Andrei said also you can clip your thumb over it and let the packet drop onto your ring finger. Hope that helps - Jaryn

Oct 17, 2010
Athens, Greece
We'll on the DVD Andrei said also you can clip your thumb over it and let the packet drop onto your ring finger. Hope that helps - Jaryn

i knoooow that's what im doing but dont u need to clip it with the middle finger in order to uncurl? when i let the pack fall, it covers all my middle finger. I hope i am understood, sorry for my english. :(

Oct 17, 2010
Athens, Greece
if i understand correctly what you mean, yes, but the pack gets pushed under the rest of the cards and in order to uncurl u need to need to put on more pressure -making it risky to make the cards snap-

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
its something i have struggled with for almost 2 years and im still struggling with. the fact is it wont come easy to some people, i have stumpy thumbs but large hands. I can do it but its ugly as heck. All its gonna take is practice and stretching of the hands to be able to do new positions. Just keep working at it. i'll do the same

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results