theory11 mailbox - From JJ Abrams

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
I hate getting mail. Unless it’s my birthday, or some other holiday where good stuff gets delivered daily. Other than that, all I usually get is junk. theory11 is an internet based machine, and almost all of our correspondence is digital.

Today was different. Today, I got the mail and as I glanced at the contents of our mailbox, I skimmed the sender’s names: Sports Illustrated (junk… it wasn’t the swimsuit issue), random, random, JJ Abrams, random. Wait… what?! I did a double take. I slowly, methodically opened the envelope delicately as to not damage its contents.

What was inside? Check out the image (in reference to our Sentinel Playing Cards). This just made my year.

Dec 20, 2009
Massachusetts
Wait you sent the Sentinel Deck to JJ Abrams? First of all, that letter is awesome... But why in the first place did you send him the deck?

Sep 9, 2010
THE JJ Abrams? producer of Cloverfield?!?!?!?

HOLY CRAP! that's awesome!! I got my sentinels in tuesday, they are amazing!!!

PS: I started working on a video today that has a bit if a mini commercial for Sentinels in it, look out for it this new years.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Wait you sent the Sentinel Deck to JJ Abrams? First of all, that letter is awesome... But why in the first place did you send him the deck?

JJ is a very close friend and colleague of Larry Fong, who is a great friend of theory11. Larry was the cinematographer for the original season of LOST, among several other films with JJ (including one in production now). Both Larry and JJ grew up as magic buffs, so they still perform tricks on set today. I was fortunate to meet Larry through Chris Kenner at a party earlier this past year in Las Vegas.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results