Rant on "The Man Who Knew Erdnase"

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
No offense dude, but why do you "rant" so much? Is it supposed to be funny or something? Because I don't really see it.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Eh, this gimmick was OK at first. Now it's just getting annoying and redundant. If you really want people to check out your blog, just put in your signature and stop posting random "rant" topics.

Sep 2, 2007
London
Michael, as you've had a couple of anti-rant posts, I thought I'd chip in to redress the balance a little bit. I think you're doing the right thing by posting the links to your rants as new threads. You're clearly entitling them with the word "Rant", so if people don't want to read them then they should have avoided clicking the link, and a "Rant" can be entertaining, and has potential to spark an interesting conversation, especially if it's on a controversial issue. However, this particular one wasn't that controversial, as I think everyone agrees the Wesley James Erdnase DVD set is rubbish. Even having said that, if you keep up regular "Rants" and listen to feedback, hopefully you'll refine your writing and comedic style and they'll keep getting better!

Feb 16, 2009
South Bend, IN
Dude, what you are doing here is essentially plagiarism.

For those who don't understand , check out this blog http://phantom-notebooks.blogspot.com/

The guy who runs the phantom notebooks blog is the one who originally wrote the scathing review of the Wesley James DVDs where he tore Wesley James a new one. He had originally posted the reviews online a few years back. He keeps taking them down and reposting them every now and then.

What you have done is essentially take some of the videos he created and simply regurgitated the most basic points this guy was making, without giving him any credit. I wouldn't be mad at you if you at least had something original to add to this, but you have absolutely nothing new to add here. What is the point of your blog post?

Next time, pick up something more worthy of ranting about. Wesley James is a has been and handles cards like he has acute arthritis. We know this already. Stop flogging this dead horse. There are plenty of other things in magic to write about.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results