Crushed By Jim Pace

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan

Jim was really good with his bottle loads, and I think the material was great. Your initial load was a little bit off-beat and apparent, as there was a very subtle delay and noticeable finger movement. But, it was quite smooth.

I however, have stopped performing any magic created by that horrible man. It is a complete shame what he has done and it was my decision to not promote his magic in anyway. =( Sad day.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
You don't need to take it down. It is a beautiful effect. You should try to re-work it to make it better and to make it your own! Then you can rename it!

Jul 13, 2009
I however, have stopped performing any magic created by that horrible man. It is a complete shame what he has done and it was my decision to not promote his magic in anyway. =( Sad day.

Urrrm I think I missed something, why do you have a stick up your arse with Jim Pace?

Nov 8, 2007
Google search could have done the trick for you. But, here you go.
http://itricks.com/news/2010/08/jim...ng-13-year-sentence-for-sex-crime-conviction/

While it certainly seems like he did something pretty horrible looking at the charges listed, to be fair, you're coming out pretty strongly against him when you know nothing about what actually happened. Might be best to leave that kind of judgment up to the people involved in the incident and the court case.

The whole thing is pretty odd--nobody I've heard talk about this since it happened seems to know anything about what went down. The iTricks story is all the information out there on this--which is little to nothing. It's probably best that way for his family though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 13, 2009
While it certainly seems like he did something pretty horrible looking at the charges listed, to be fair, you're coming out pretty strongly against him when you know nothing about what actually happened. Might be best to leave that kind of judgment up to the people involved in the incident and the court case.

The whole thing is pretty odd--nobody I've heard talk about this since it happened seems to know anything about what went down. The iTricks story is all the information out there on this--which is little to nothing. It's probably best that way for his family though.

This is exactly my feelings.

Magic and personal life is something that should be kept separate. Just because a magician made a bad choice doesn't mean you should boycott what he has given to the magic community. That is like saying I will never perform a Dan Harlan effect because he ran off with the cash register in a drunken stupor. Now what if you replaced Jim Pace with Tommy Wonder? What happens in a persons personal life shouldn't really be known to anyone whos emotional attachment is only magic deep.

Regardless of what Jim has done as an individual, his magic is a separate thing all together. I don't see any reason to remove other wise good working illusions from your sets just because of what he may or may not have done.

Further, we as a magicians society are too far removed from the situation to know all the details. If, When, How, or Why are just questions that we can not truly know the answers to. Even if we did, who are we to pass judgment on him? Is that not for the courts and God to do?

I'm not condoning what he may or may not have done, I just don't see a reason to add my personal opinions to his mounting list of problems, nor remove any of his material that works for me from my act based upon something unrelated to magic at this time.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I respect everyone's decisions, and just want to clarify that in no way was I asking or demanding other people to follow me lead. I simply stated that it was my own personal choice to stop associating some of the things I do with his name. I grew up in Portland Oregon, where Jim Pace was based, have met him countless times, purchased effects directly from him at multiple stores where he had worked, spoken to him directly about the presentation of The Web, etc... Which is why, for me, it wasn't really just reading something on the magic forums about some magician that I had heard of, it was in a little way about someone that had mentored in me a bit when I was starting out in magic.

But yes, hat is why I was my own personal choice. Feel free to continue to perform his material, because he did have some great ideas.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results