Freedom Pack by Justin Miller

Please do tell, this looks very interesting to me.

Any reviews? Any links to previously discussed reviews?

Most importantly, does one have to sacrifice / completely use a deck of cards in order to perform this effect?

If Justin is in the house it would be an honor to receive feedback.

Gracias

Apr 18, 2010
How are freedom pack's angles?

Ben,
Wonderful, as you can see from the trailer when performing for those girls I was surrounded.
One of the reason we named it Freedom Pack is the fact that you have sooo much freedom in the effect and the method as well:)
JM

Sep 6, 2010
Thanks for the reply Justin!

I was wondering these two things....

If the gimmick place, is it easy enough for me to make? Does it teach you how to make it on the dvd?

Apr 18, 2010
Thanks for the reply Justin!

I was wondering these two things....

If the gimmick place, is it easy enough for me to make? Does it teach you how to make it on the dvd?
I remember when I was younger and when I got a trick that had a gimmick, if it broke or if you lost it you are FORCED to buy another one because of the complexity of the gimmick( blink, solo,etc)..I HATED THAT! And lets be honest here..if it was not that good of an effect you would not buy it again anyway. With freedom pack you have the FREEDOM of using ANY deck of cards, so its totally universal, and if you loose or crush the freedom pack gimmick..you can make a fresh, new one in under 3 minutes..and ya dont have to go buy extra stuff as you will have everything you need in your house (majority of the world at least). And there is an entire section of the DVD that shows step by step how to make a brand new freedom pack.

JM

Jun 10, 2010
I remember when I was younger and when I got a trick that had a gimmick, if it broke or if you lost it you are FORCED to buy another one because of the complexity of the gimmick( blink, solo,etc)..I HATED THAT! And lets be honest here..if it was not that good of an effect you would not buy it again anyway. With freedom pack you have the FREEDOM of using ANY deck of cards, so its totally universal, and if you loose or crush the freedom pack gimmick..you can make a fresh, new one in under 3 minutes..and ya dont have to go buy extra stuff as you will have everything you need in your house (majority of the world at least). And there is an entire section of the DVD that shows step by step how to make a brand new freedom pack.

JM

My kind of gimmick, my kind of effect. Utility effect which comes with a gimmick, yet teaches you how to make one fast and easy.

Z

Zach Lambert

I just wanted to chime in here,

The basic idea for the gimmick is okay, however THIS gimmick, in its' current form, is not finished. Possibly more time and thought should have been put into the design of the gimmick.

Any effect should be really worked hard before its' release or sale.
A friend of mine, long time pro, has made several major changes and improvements to the gaff.
IMHO, these changes dramatically improve the effect, cover, and strength/durability!

Most note worthy...when the "BOXED" effect happens, the flap is closed as it should be!
THIS IS A HUGE IMPROVEMENT!

In addition the new design takes into account the natural abuse the box with out the deck in it takes, and has designed it to NOT be ruined or destroyed as easily.

If I just saw the effect performed with the original gimmick and the flap was still open, I'd assume, NO..I would know, he just loaded the deck into the box somehow. Which is the method... unfortunately for us!

Apr 18, 2010
n
I just wanted to chime in here,

The basic idea for the gimmick is okay, however THIS gimmick, in its' current form, is not finished. Possibly more time and thought should have been put into the design of the gimmick.

Any effect should be really worked hard before its' release or sale.
A friend of mine, long time pro, has made several major changes and improvements to the gaff.
IMHO, these changes dramatically improve the effect, cover, and strength/durability!

Most note worthy...when the "BOXED" effect happens, the flap is closed as it should be!
THIS IS A HUGE IMPROVEMENT!

In addition the new design takes into account the natural abuse the box with out the deck in it takes, and has designed it to NOT be ruined or destroyed as easily.

If I just saw the effect performed with the original gimmick and the flap was still open, I'd assume, NO..I would know, he just loaded the deck into the box somehow. Which is the method... unfortunately for us!

Well this wont be a surprised but i disagree VIOLENTLY with this statement.
1. The gimmick is done..I do not put anything out thats not done.
2. The concept of the flap being closed being stronger SOUNDS ok in theroy but during the 4 month, day and night non-stop research and trial and error time, I discovered something out in the real world. The reactions from the spectators with a closed flap was way way way more watered down than with the flap just POPPING into view..me and steve haynes talked about this ad-naseum on the phone about this. I worked this gimmick and effect in every situation possible. And I found that out in the real world there was a MASS responces to the flap just appearing..I even asked many many regular peeps..why did you respond like that? Every-single person said the same thing.."I was just so shocked when I saw the flap just appear...it does not matter what YOU think it matters what they think...
I am happy other people have worked on this and are looking at other options...that does not intimidate me the least.:)

3. stop thinking like a magician and try and think like a spectaor...
4. come to columbus and i will show you how hard this hits people.
5. The Freedom Pack (Unless you have a pack of pirannahs in your pocket) is NOT destroyed easily..the first proto-type lasted over 4 months.
6. Here is a novel idea, why dont you go out into the real world and perform it about 20 times and then tell me what you think:)
JM

Last edited by a moderator:
May 15, 2010
With Gerard Way
Heya Justin. I am very close to buying this for the end of my close up show when I pack up my cards. I just have a couple questions:

1. I produce the deck of cards that I perform with so can I have my deck in the box and then open it up, put the box away and then in the end do Freedom Pack? If not that is okay but it would be nice.

2. I have a hardcore setup for my card routine. With cards turned over and a double backer. I do a 4 packet cut and a clipshift as a production can I do this and then in the very end still do Freedom Pack to wrap up?

Thank you very much for answering our questions on your product. It is really a gem.

Apr 18, 2010
Heya Justin. I am very close to buying this for the end of my close up show when I pack up my cards. I just have a couple questions:

1. I produce the deck of cards that I perform with so can I have my deck in the box and then open it up, put the box away and then in the end do Freedom Pack? If not that is okay but it would be nice.

2. I have a hardcore setup for my card routine. With cards turned over and a double backer. I do a 4 packet cut and a clipshift as a production can I do this and then in the very end still do Freedom Pack to wrap up?

Thank you very much for answering our questions on your product. It is really a gem.

Army,
Thank you so much for your interest in my effect.
1. Yes it can be done very easy! ( if you end up getting it just e-mail me and I will explain the idea I have for this enduremiller@gmail.com)
2.Yes you can do any and all sleights,cuts, and effect BEFORE you perfrom Freedom Pack, as FP is not in play till YOU want it to be.
JM

Jan 16, 2010
Hey justin, love how personal you are in response to this effect i have a quick question though:

What is the handout ability after the deck has changed? is it instantaneous? with no switches etc?

Apr 18, 2010
Hey Reality,
Do you mean can you hand out the deck right after the deck has been visually boxed with no switching of the deck? If so then YES!

There are no switches of any kind used in Freedom Pack.
One deck and one miracle.
The deck is un-gimmicked so you can use any deck you want.
JM

May 15, 2010
With Gerard Way
Hey, Mr. Miller, guess what I bought.
I got freedom pack, it is awesome. It is perfect for my close up show so now I can start working on the whole thing. Thanks so much.

–Anna

PS: Anyone who is uncertain of buying this…GET IT! It is everything Justin says it is and BETTER.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results