What do you guys think I should ask for for Xmas (Tricks)

Aug 18, 2010
I have already asked for:

DRESSCODE By Calen Morelli
deckONE by Homer Liwag
Deck of Sentinels

That's it, so what should I add?

BTW I mainly do card tricks

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 26, 2009
I am 24 with my own family so it's weird mentioning what I "asked for" for Christmas but my mom called me today and asked what I wanted. I am a huge fan of Helder Guimaraes. So naturally I asked for Helder's new DVD Red Mirror over at Dan and Dave.

Maybe you would like to check it out. See if it suits you.

Dec 20, 2009
Massachusetts
See this is what I'm used to. A couple things. Yes I like it. Seeing people getting 100 dollars worth of random stuff is kinda weird to me... I would never even dream of asking my parents for so much as some other people did, for example R.K.Magician. Sorry for using you as an example, but yeah... I'm not saying that its bad or selfish or anything, but just that maybe that's how you grew up, and this is how I grew up...

So what to add? Well first I would like to know how long you've been in magic...

Sep 30, 2009
Elkhart, IN
I am 24 with my own family so it's weird mentioning what I "asked for" for Christmas but my mom called me today and asked what I wanted. I am a huge fan of Helder Guimaraes. So naturally I asked for Helder's new DVD Red Mirror over at Dan and Dave.

Maybe you would like to check it out. See if it suits you.

lol...don't let the (14) in my name fool you. I am 37 and my wife knows darn well what I want. Just don't know if we can afford them, the kids come first.

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
See this is what I'm used to. A couple things. Yes I like it. Seeing people getting 100 dollars worth of random stuff is kinda weird to me... I would never even dream of asking my parents for so much as some other people did, for example R.K.Magician. Sorry for using you as an example, but yeah... I'm not saying that its bad or selfish or anything, but just that maybe that's how you grew up, and this is how I grew up...

So what to add? Well first I would like to know how long you've been in magic...

It's all good man. I have thought a lot about it. The only things I am getting is Metal and some cards. I asked my grandma to just give me the money, my girl already got me Metal, and my Mom is stocking me up on two bricks of Bikes.

I just reread your post too - PLEASE don't think I'm the guy that gets everything he wants! I'm not! I pay for my own stuff besides clothes and food. My Mom just usually goes kinda crazy for everyone on Christmas lol

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I kinda know where you are coming from RK, and I think it is good to be grateful for your blessings, etc... however, just be careful not to flaunt it (as you have been recently).

It is nice that your grandmother is willing to graciously spend $250 on you, it is nice your mother said she would happily buy you 2 bricks of cards etc... but where does the need to throw numbers around come from? It is not a contest is it?

There are people out there less fortunate, and if one of those people were to read these types of posts, it would either instill a feeling of "wow, these people are really lucky," or "what? I don't even have money to buy new shoes," etc... or perhaps even, "F#%)ing spoiled little bratty rich kids... SPIT".

So yeah, it is nice to be grateful for how fortunate you are, but please have some self-restraint with flaunting that good fortune around.

I wouldn't be saying this to you if you were just a self-proclaimed hobbyist. However, seeing as how there have been discussion on you taking your magic to a more professional level, and some heated words on how you are striving to be greater... you kind of really need to take the more humble road.

Just some advice.

Jun 10, 2010
I kinda know where you are coming from RK, and I think it is good to be grateful for your blessings, etc... however, just be careful not to flaunt it (as you have been recently).

It is nice that your grandmother is willing to graciously spend $250 on you, it is nice your mother said she would happily buy you 2 bricks of cards etc... but where does the need to throw numbers around come from? It is not a contest is it?

There are people out there less fortunate, and if one of those people were to read these types of posts, it would either instill a feeling of "wow, these people are really lucky," or "what? I don't even have money to buy new shoes," etc... or perhaps even, "F#%)ing spoiled little bratty rich kids... SPIT".

So yeah, it is nice to be grateful for how fortunate you are, but please have some self-restraint with flaunting that good fortune around.

I wouldn't be saying this to you if you were just a self-proclaimed hobbyist. However, seeing as how there have been discussion on you taking your magic to a more professional level, and some heated words on how you are striving to be greater... you kind of really need to take the more humble road.

Just some advice.

If only we could direct these posts to certain people and actually force them to read it... Kind of like Mehar and RK. RK's been stopping recently, but I agree with you. Too many damn numbers. And mehar hasn't mentioned his stuff in a while, but that post a few posts above me might have been a joke, but that seriously made me think "!@#$ this"

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Sometimes, I put numbers because I simply want to give a price range. I don't want to ask advice and not mention that I have x amount of money to spend and someone suggests something that costs more. I hope that makes sense.

In no way have I ever PURPOSELY tried to flaunt it. I DO realize, however, that a while back my posts got out of hand and I apologized and tried not to sound as such any more. I am glad, saborfang, that you have noticed.

I have been trying to contribute more and get back on people's good side. I love magic, and I like to help people as much as I can on here, and I like the luxury of being able to get help on here.

I hope there are no hard feelings in any way!

-Rob

May 15, 2010
With Gerard Way
Oh, and also Totally Out of Control by Chris Kenner is AWESOME.

I want to get Danny Garcia too. It is my dream to hug him. It was also my dream to hug Billy Mays.

If only we could direct these posts to certain people and actually force them to read it... Kind of like Mehar and RK. RK's been stopping recently, but I agree with you. Too many damn numbers. And mehar hasn't mentioned his stuff in a while, but that post a few posts above me might have been a joke, but that seriously made me think "!@#$ this"

No jokes.

128702933480860127.jpg

Dec 3, 2010
Well if you ask all your close ones and friends to give you something magic related you might stack up on new stuff to learn :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results