A question about keeping decks clean

Tho

Dec 2, 2010
Hello everyone,iam new to this forum and card tricks/manipulations also.I would like to ask a question regarding the condition of the decks.I realised that after a few days and a lot of fans mostly,my decks are getting dirty at the edges making them stuck,losing their handling.Any solution to that? i have to practice on clean board only and with washed hands or is it something else? :)

Jun 10, 2010
Hello everyone,iam new to this forum and card tricks/manipulations also.I would like to ask a question regarding the condition of the decks.I realised that after a few days and a lot of fans mostly,my decks are getting dirty at the edges making them stuck,losing their handling.Any solution to that? i have to practice on clean board only and with washed hands or is it something else? :)

Maybe dropping your cards? And wash your hands with soap and water... Maybe you use them to much. And letting a deck sit for a few hours/days (depending on condition) can usually rejuvenate it, but not for long. Cold weather helps a bit, airs the cards out. Heat makes 'em stick together more. And don't walk around all day with them in your jeans' pocket.

Dec 1, 2010
Put them in the washing machine on a low cycle then tumble dry with low heat... or you could just use bicycle ; )

Apr 1, 2009
California
Cards are not invincible. They're bound to get dirty. When you open a deck of cards, more often than not, they spread like butter. perfection. Then the oils of your skin starts spreading onto the cards and what you soon get is the illusion of a warped deck... BUT, keep practicing. the oils continue to spread then the deck is back in workable shape... this point is actually my favorite... spreads perfectly and like butter, as a new deck does, but more controllable. If you have real issues with cleanliness. Wash your hands before use. Sing happy birthday twice as you're lathering up. If you want to avoid sweat on cards, baby powder works like a charm. Try not to drop your cards. practice over a bed or clean table if you must. You'll figure it out. Just create a routine... no need to be OCD about it. you'll notice that when handling cards, they don't get that dirt stain look to them as you use them, so quickly.

Jul 7, 2010
just tough it out. one of my friends has had a deck so long it looks a bit like the 1800s but, it still handles pretty well

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results