Transit by Calen Morelli

nremtb

Elite Member
Oct 27, 2010
Effect:

A rubber band is wrapped around your finer and it visually jumps from finger to finger. It then melts through your fingers back to where you started. To finish the trick the rubber band vanishes from the finger it is on and appears on the thumb of your opposite hand.

My thoughts on Transit:

I think that this is a great anytime anywhere effect. Although the trailer does say you need a rubber band and two hands only it does require a gimmick. The gimmick is fairly easy to make and costs less than a dollar. I think that the trailer is not being deceptive but giving you a look at the trick as if you were a spectater. For the majority in the magic community you would have to assume like I did that there was some type of gimmick.

As for the effect.....it is brilliant. The method is very devious. Calen's thought process has to be amazing to come up with this. This is thinking outside the box at it's best.

Difficulty:

This trick would have to fall in the intermediate range. The moves will take sometime to get. Like any other sleight in magic it takes time. Once you get it though you have it. Believe me when I tell you that it is wellw orth the practice. Work on this in front of a mirror or record your attempts on a webcam and play them back. This is perfect for street magic and my favorite walk around bar magic.

On a scale of of 1 to 10 I would rate the difficulty a 7/10

Gimmick:

As I stated before the gimmick is fairly easy to make and costs less than a buck. Calen does add some extra points if you are having trouble making the gimmick. I think in my first attempts it took me three tries to make one that was right. So if you are willing to put in some effort and roughly 5 - 7 minutes you will get it. Although now when I produce gimmicks I use about 10 minutes to make it as perfect as possible. It will pay off later.

Making the gimmick difficulty: 3/10

The DVD:

23 minutes of teaching. The quality is great just like everything else from Theory11. The teaching is clear. It starts with performance then goes into making the gimmick. He does spend a suitabel amount of time showing you how it is made. The teaching of the handleing is also very good. It's right to the point. The rest is just practice and tuning to make it work for you. It also does come with supplies such as the rubber band and the item for the gimmick. That is a great thing so you can jump right in and get started as soon as you get it. No need to run out to the store first.

The DVD is 9/10

Overall:

This effect is definately worth it's cost. I woudl recomend it to anyone wanting to have a portable in your face miracle.

9/10

nremtb

Elite Member
Oct 27, 2010
No problem man, like you say its "knacky" . Defimately takes practice but once that part is out of the way this is an instant add on to any close up or street magic routine.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results