Youtube.com

Aug 18, 2010
Dear Theory11 Community,
On youtube I have only 8 subscribers and 25 friends. If you have a youtube account please send me a friend request, and if you like my channel it would be a great help if you subscribed.

Thanks!

Jun 10, 2010
Dear Theory11 Community,
On youtube I have only 8 subscribers and 25 friends. If you have a youtube account please send me a friend request, and if you like my channel it would be a great help if you subscribed.

Thanks!

Oh, God. Another kiddie thinking that youtube subscribers ACTUALLY matter...

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
I have a youtube account and I could care less about how many subscribers I have. Asking for subscribers is kind of a cheap way to get them. Make good videos. That's all you have to do and people will like your videos.

Jan 5, 2010
Alabama
First of all, no one cares about your YouTube account. Secondly, why would we subscribe or view your channel when you are exposing/teaching effects?

Here's a thought, if you want more viewers and subscribers, put out good videos. Don't join a magic community and ask us subscribe.

Nov 9, 2010
Oh, God. Another kiddie thinking that youtube subscribers ACTUALLY matter...

While I see your point about how some tend to care too much about the amount of subscribers and views on youtube, I really don't see why you need to categorize it as something done solely by young people. Not all "kiddies" care about it, and some older do.

@DaCardRuler: I'll go and check it out but don't take it personally if I do not subscribe. I rarely subscribe to anything at all on youtube.

Keep working on your magic and you'll see that the amount of viewers and subscribers will rise with the level of your magic and your regularity and longevity as a youtube poster.

Edit: If this talk about exposure and teaching of other people's magic routines is true you need to seriously rethink and reconsider how you approach magic. This is not something people in the industry take lightly. Haven't had time to check for myself yet, but I felt I needed to add this.

Aug 18, 2010
While I see your point about how some tend to care too much about the amount of subscribers and views on youtube, I really don't see why you need to categorize it as something done solely by young people. Not all "kiddies" care about it, and some older do.

@DaCardRuler: I'll go and check it out but don't take it personally if I do not subscribe. I rarely subscribe to anything at all on youtube.

Keep working on your magic and you'll see that the amount of viewers and subscribers will rise with the level of your magic and your regularity and longevity as a youtube poster.
Thanks Marcus!

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Please check out the attached link, paying attention to the first point of the Society of American Magicians Code of Ethics. Magicians don't expose effects on Youtube, period.

Second, it is evident that you have learned how to do magic on Youtube. Your performance of the various sleights shows that you were taught those sleights incorrectly. It is also evident that you have not practiced enough. Your performances show that you have to take multiple attempts to preform certain sleights and you flash multiple times in a way that a lay spectator would see. Learn from someone who knows and respects the art of magic. You will not find that person exposing effects on YouTube. Think about it, would you rather learn from a thirteen year old or someone who has been doing magic for thirteen years?

Your patter is the stereotypical say-do-see patter. You say what you are going to do, you do it and then tell the audience to see what you've done. That adds nothing to the effect.

Finally, there is no magic in a disembodied set of hands and a deck of cards performing over a carpet. Go out and perform for real people (after you've practiced a lot more and developed better patter).

No good has come out of TowToxGTA or anyone he has associated with. I don't like the exposure, and I'm not going to sub your channel.

RealityOne, like so many before, has said it best. Listen to him, and don't troll our boards looking for subs. If you're videos are good enough, you'll get subs on your own.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results