Value of rare decks?

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
I would do the same, if not buy a lot more. Heck, if they don't go up in value, I'll still have some sick cards, ESPECIALLY the d&d, I love the classy look of them.

Speaking of classy and simple cards, does anyone know about any other cards like the D&D's? Something that has crisp white borders, a classy color, and simple design.

Thanks,

Mehar

Bike 125s are really classy. Also, I think Staggs are really classy and cheap too.

Aug 4, 2010
All of those are worth 4$ usd to me.....just 52 pieces of cardboard...but i'm sure some humans are foolish enough to pay ridiculous amounts of money for them....

Are you still trolling this board? Why? Occasionally you'll come out with something clever, but generally your a pain in the rear.

You have trouble accepting my flawless logic??? do explain so I can dance logical lines around your rebuttals....
Unless you can provide evidence that they are worth more than 50$ usd and they are not just 52 pieces of cardboard.....
my word is absolute and must be accepted by all.....

You have trouble accepting my flawless logic??? do explain so I can dance logical lines around your rebuttals....
Unless you can provide evidence that they are worth more than 50$ usd and they are not just 52 pieces of cardboard.....

1) Sentimental Value as Ashrei points out.
2) Personal Preference. Can add a lot more in personal worth.
3) 56 cards if you count jokers, and advertisement/gimmick card.

Your logic is flawed. You may now self implode.

Dec 15, 2008
Modesto, Califorrnia

Flawless logic?

You mean to tell me you've NEVER spent money on anything, shall we call it "overpriced" since this is your argument at hand.. I mean why buy nice clothes? It's just pieces of cloth. Why pay for a nice house? It's just a roof over your head. Just because it's 52 pieces of cardboard to you doesn't make it worthless. Hell, diamonds are nothing but stones you pick up. Right down to your very own "flawless logic" money is nothing but paper, might as well burn it.

Why stop there, why buy cards at all? Might as well go behind a supermarket and get some boxes and cut them up and use that for cards since it's just "52 pieces of cardboard."

Aug 4, 2010
^We are talking about cards here..do try to keep up...

1) Sentimental Value as Ashrei points out.
2) Personal Preference. Can add a lot more in personal worth.
3) 56 cards if you count jokers, and advertisement/gimmick card.

Your logic is flawed. You may now self implode.

1)I have a lot of sentimental value for this 1 dollar bill....Maybe I can sell it for 100$ usd.....is it worth it? not really.....
invalid- Sentimental value does not increase the value of the cards... it ads to sentimental value not monetary value...

2)My dollar has sunglasses drawn on George Washington...I know someone who prefers it that way so I'm selling it to him for 100$ USD....worth it? not really...
invalid- Like I said...there are a lot of foolish humans that are willing to pay ridiculous amounts of money for 52 pieces of cardboard....that fails to prove that the cards are actually worth it....

3)Those extra cards don't count as part of the actual deck....You have trouble accepting this? play poker with those extra ad cards and jokers plz.....you cant argue this....52 cards are the deck and the rest are trash cards you can live without...
irrelevant- i was disregarding the extra stuff like the card case and cellophane....

Flaw is like a failure....and I do not allow failure....

Ashrei

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
1. Sentimental value can add to the monetary value. For example, to me, Linkin Park concert is not worth 70 dollars to attend to, but to some it is. Does that mean they are paying too much for it? No. 50 cent pieces are actually sold for 75 cents each by the mint, but you can only use it for 50 cents. Collectors want them still. They pay the extra 25 cents (or 50% of original value). Just because it's worth more to some, doesn't mean it's same for others. To us magicians, each Morgan Silver Dollar is a Morgan Silver Dollar. To collectors, the date matters and value them differently due to rarity. Overall, we are just paying more to buy a dollar.

2. That is a poor choice of fallacy you are using. People have different set value, meaning they are willing to pay extra for that preference. For example, leather seats in the car doesn't make that car any better, but some people pay extra for that. It just have to be within the threshold of their willingness to pay, that is all.

3. Yes, Jokers are used in pokers. The term "Jokers are wild" exist for a reason. In current time, they are not used for pro-games to keep the odds easier to calculate, but in home games and etc, you do see them used.

1)I have a lot of sentimental value for this 1 dollar bill....Maybe I can sell it for 100$ usd.....is it worth it? not really.....
invalid- Sentimental value does not increase the value of the cards... it ads to sentimental value not monetary value...
I'm sure you could. There's someone out there that will buy anything. So long as they think the value's worth it.

2)My dollar has sunglasses drawn on George Washington...I know someone who prefers it that way so I'm selling it to him for 100$ USD....worth it? not really...
If they think it is, who are you to say no?

invalid- Like I said...there are a lot of foolish humans that are willing to pay ridiculous amounts of money for 52 pieces of cardboard....that fails to prove that the cards are actually worth it....

3)Those extra cards don't count as part of the actual deck....You have trouble accepting this? play poker with those extra ad cards and jokers plz.....you cant argue this....52 cards are the deck and the rest are trash cards you can live without...
irrelevant- i was disregarding the extra stuff like the card case and cellophane....

Oh yes I can. You're still paying "eight" bucks for the deck. Those come in the deck when you buy it. You certainly are being charged for them, whether you use them or not.

Honestly, who cares?

I don't really think it matters what people pay for them. If someone is interested in paying 250 bucks for a deck because they enjoy collecting, then why the hell not. People are spending that kind of money for personal pleasure, collections, displays, they are cherished and kept close for many years.

Who is anyone else to say that it's a waste? People pay a lot of money for rare stamps. Is that a waste? Maybe to some of us, but to someone, so is buying invisible thread and spongeballs. To each his own. Let people enjoy what they enjoy.

p:m

Mar 27, 2009
Ok.... Let's play Devil's Advocate. What do YOU think would have to be on a deck of cards to make be worth 50 bucks to you? I REALLY wanna see the answer to this....

Aug 17, 2010

If the buyer has sentiment for the object, it may raise its monetary value.

If your friend buys it for $100, then yes, it was worth $100 to him. Are you really so dense as to not see what you're saying? Or are you arguing some kind of "intrinsic" value for material things? Things are worth what you can get for them. Someone has no trouble paying 20 bucks for a Lady Gaga CD, while I wouldn't take one for free. What's the value there, smart guy?

3)Those extra cards don't count as part of the actual deck....You have trouble accepting this?

Play euchre, many use them as the bowers.

Or perhaps collectors want the deck in its complete form, i.e. as it came from the factory. Did this not occur to you? Do you have trouble accepting this?

Flaw is like a failure....and I do not allow failure....

Then what's with the spelling of "ads", the extra period in the (misused) ellipsis, the lack of capitalization, the poor sentence structure, the question-begging fallacies, and more?

Look, your condescending smart-guy act has worn out its welcome. You are a total failure, you can't argue, you reason like a 12 year old, you spell like a ten year old and you punctuate like a four year old. I'm sure that I'm not the only one wondering what you're overcompensating for.

Take this opportunity to grow up, learn some humility, and conduct yourself in a less antisocial manner online. You would gain a lot of respect by maturing a little, and to be honest you have none to lose. My eyes are worn out from rolling them at your insipid self-aggrandizing !@#$%&*.

Jun 10, 2010
If the buyer has sentiment for the object, it may raise its monetary value.

If your friend buys it for $100, then yes, it was worth $100 to him. Are you really so dense as to not see what you're saying? Or are you arguing some kind of "intrinsic" value for material things? Things are worth what you can get for them. Someone has no trouble paying 20 bucks for a Lady Gaga CD, while I wouldn't take one for free. What's the value there, smart guy?
3)Those extra cards don't count as part of the actual deck....You have trouble accepting this?

JButterfield said:
Play euchre, many use them as the bowers.

Or perhaps collectors want the deck in its complete form, i.e. as it came from the factory. Did this not occur to you? Do you have trouble accepting this?

Then what's with the spelling of "ads", the extra period in the (misused) ellipsis, the lack of capitalization, the poor sentence structure, the question-begging fallacies, and more?

Look, your condescending smart-guy act has worn out its welcome. You are a total failure, you can't argue, you reason like a 12 year old, you spell like a ten year old and you punctuate like a four year old. I'm sure that I'm not the only one wondering what you're overcompensating for.

Take this opportunity to grow up, learn some humility, and conduct yourself in a less antisocial manner online. You would gain a lot of respect by maturing a little, and to be honest you have none to lose. My eyes are worn out from rolling them at your insipid self-aggrandizing !@#$%&*.

I only hope he got to read this before he got banned. LOL.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results