Your Holiday Homework

Christmas is a time of year that celebrates good human nature. The spirit of giving, and the mirth of good times with friends and family. We as magicians have a gift. The gift of magic. The ability to entertain, inspire, and bring happiness to those around us.

Therefor I challenge each of you with this holiday assignment. Donate your time to a charitable cause, be it doing bedside magic at the local hospital, entertaining at the local shelter, or working as a team with some of your magician friends going door to door ala caroling style, and bring the gift of magic to others, so they might have a happier Christmas this year. Then come back to this thread and give your report of what happened, what you did, and help inspire others to continue in the spirit.

What are you waiting for? Go out and perform!

Very good idea! Its going to be interesting reading what people post if they decide to take you up on that assignment. I've got a few ideas in mind, ill post my report when its done. Looking forward to reading everyones post on this. Nice post Draven!

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
Great idea. I would add that this is a great thing to do on a regular basis. This month, three of my shows are for charity. Two for inner city work, and one for a retirement home.

Great idea to get people to share!

Apr 16, 2009
Chicago
I just got back from doing some volunteer performing. The James Jordan Foundation puts on Christmas parties at inner-city schools whose students wouldn't normally get Christmas presents. My mom volunteers for it, and Mrs. Jordan remembered that I did magic for her last year and asked that I come today. I missed school today and did some card stuff for 1st through 6th graders while they waited in line to see Santa. I tried to get them involved, so I did stuff like the Biddle trick and Here then There; they loved it.

Kamal Khan

Attachments

• IMG00710-20101210-1030.jpg
    IMG00710-20101210-1030.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG00715-20101210-1049.jpg
    IMG00715-20101210-1049.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 64
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results