Guitarists on T11 Please Read

I am interested in running a guitar contest, by the users for the users (also judged by the users)

I just want to see if there is any reason to start planning for it. If there are enough users entering that is.

Please just state with a simple yes or no as to whether you would be interested in entering a guitar contest, as well as your thoughts on this idea.

Sep 1, 2007
Playing Guitar Hero, or a real axe?

I would ASSUME a guitar contest would be real guitars, but you never know in this crazy mixed up world of ours :p

What kind of contest, persay? There's a lot of different things that you can judge with guitar. And a lot of different styles

Well I was thinking a provided backtrack, set time limit, one track and prearranged judging categories (Eg. level of technical skill, recording quality, tone, cleanliness of playing. Just as an example of course, it would need to be tweaked)

Sep 1, 2007
I think we should have a contest on who can play basketball the best. then the winner gets 14 free cases of 2nd edition guardians.

WHO'S IN!??!?!?!

Sep 1, 2007
What would a guitar contest do for us exactly? Show us how many *ssholes are on the board? And yes, I'm a guitarist, so I'm allowed to say this.

Joking aside, what's the point?

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
What would a guitar contest do for us exactly? Show us how many *ssholes are on the board? And yes, I'm a guitarist, so I'm allowed to say this.

Joking aside, what's the point?

I believe this was brought up before. I too am a guitarist, but I can see what some of you are saying. I'd love to try it, but alas...my recording equipment is the suck.

Anywho, I believe the point could be taken as either...

A.) Just something else we could do for fun.

B.) Showing that we really need a off-topic section to the forum

Shane K.

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
I would be in, the only issue I have is that this should be in Off Topic section, well anyways if it is going to take place keep us updated and dummyisdumb I think he means that he will host it and not the site, which is kind of dumb but still fun

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results