Simple Card Trick

Mar 18, 2009
Your sleights were amazing, but i would suggest instead of using a classic color change, you use a pass. or something that accomplishes the same thing as a pass. This way you don't have to cut the deck at the end. Because to some people, that would look suspicious.

Jun 10, 2010
At the risk of sounding stupid... what was the purpose of showing off the KD?

It represented a card being turned over, but when you see he cuts the deck, it gives the impression the entire deck has turned face up. All but the signed 4S, of course.

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
It works much better in real life as you talk them through it. I've got pretty good reactions with it actually.

Then why didn't you talk us through it? :)
I may be the only one who actually doesn't like the way you did those sleights. Your pass needs a lot of work, it is fast (sort of), but it's highly visible. You use a lot of space to do the pass. Packets should transpose in the least possible space. Not to mention the tension while you're doing it. But it was the best sleight of the video.
The Half Pass was even worse. It was more invisible (as you couldn't really see what was going on), but once again, it screamed suspicion. Even though we couldn't see what was going on, we could see that something was going on in a place where it doesn't make any sense (why would something be going on if you just put the card in the middle?).
And last but not the least, the classic color change. My biggest issue with this is that you actually pushed the top card forward, visibly! It is actually telling us what you are doing. "Ok, so he pushed the top card forward, and then he moved his hand back for no reason, then he pushed the top card back, and now it's different card on top". Try to slide the top card forward as you are placing your hand on top of the deck, in one smooth motion. If you can cover the whole card with your hand, even better. You can also download for free Jonathon Bayme's video of the classic color change here on T11. I don't like that handling, but you may like it, it is still better than what you have done. IMHO, Oz Pearlman has one of the best classic color changes I've seen, and he has couple of nice subtleties to make it even more deceptive.

Now I know I may sound harsh there, which is kind of the point, if you want to be the best, there is no space for sugar coating. But I also hope that I helped a little bit, since I actually gave some advice instead of critique only ;)

Cheers

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results