Flaming Business cards

Jun 1, 2009
Hey guys, I'm finally going to start ordering business cards to promote myself more, and I was wondering where I can find a good "flaming business card" handout trick. I've looked up some stuff but I can't find anything that looks promising (because I know so much about this thing :p) So any help would be greatly appreciated! Also, I'm using business cards from Vista Print, would those work? Or do these need a certain kind of card?

Thanks again!
Jacob

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Jim Pace has an effect still I believe called Hot Leads normally sold at Hank Lee I think. The problem is unless you want to smell like lighter fluid while performing around people....it is not worth it. I had mine 2 days and after people kept bringing up, "What smells?" I was like...forget this thing and sold it.

Also some business cards depending on the stock of paper and finish burn better than others.

I could be wrong though. There may be other people here that have had a lot of success with flaming business cards. I for one just couldn't put up having the smell all over me and in my suit coat pockets.

Aug 6, 2008
I just bought some vista print bussiness cards too. I dont know of any flaming bussiness card effects, I am just going to do the printing press buisness card trick.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
I have Jim's Hot leads, and perhaps I have a less odorous lighter fluid, because I can't even smell it. That's a good thing to be aware of!

In terms of cards, the best kind to use is matte finish. Glossy Cards do not work (some can sort of work, but not well - some glossy cards even bubble and pop -not good). Jim mentioned that one sided glossy cards can work well too. I would be concerned about the glossy finish being wrecked because of the moisture.

In short, as long as they are not glossy, you will have an amazing way to give out your card. (The reactions are amazing - people will not forget you!)

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
You could carry your business cards in a fire wallet, and let them catch fire as you take them out? I've seen this done rather effectively before. I dunno if it helps, but it's an idea?

Jun 1, 2009
Awesome, thanks everybody! I know Chris Kenner has a way to hand out cards in TOOC, but I saw the fire one first hand and I loved it. Thanks for all the advice everybody!
Jacob

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results