What's The Best Rising Card?

Aug 14, 2010
Hello people!

I just want to hear your thoughts of what's the best rising card.

Thank you very much!

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Mine. Totally impromptu and based on Mark Wilson's and Jean Hugards in the hands versions. Also, check out T.I.D.L.E. which is an Angelo Carbone effect (March 2010 Genii) where the top half of the deck levitates above the spectator's selected card. Totally impromptu but a little knacky. Also, any of the standard rising card decks work fine.

Sep 1, 2007
UK
I don't know about "best", but I tend to like the look of the various different thread methods. However, for my purposes I prefer to use my own impromptu in-the-hands handling in which a card slowly rises about half its length and with all your fingers in view. It was recently published in Magic Magazine (the November 2010 issue).

Joe

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
There are tons of different methods but keep in mind, 9 times out of 10 the spectators want to be able to handle the deck immediately afterwards and if you tell them, "NO" that screams gimmicked deck.

It is very strong to be able to kindly hand them the deck and then ditch any dirty work...while they are ribbon spreading in shock trying to pick their brain back up off the floor.

hduarte1

Elite Member
Jul 2, 2008
Akatsuki Hideout
I've always liked Box Monster. It's a 2 card trick, the first card is the rising and the second you spread the deck on the table and the card moves forward... Pretty awesome...

Feb 17, 2011
Quebec, Canada
It wasn't for Enzo, it was for me. I asked if the "gimmicked" rising deck from Ellusionist was better because you didn'T have to "touch" it to make it rise. Also, they say that you can make more than 1 card rising. I didn't know that Enzo "quit" :).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results