Brainwave Deck Review

Sep 6, 2010
Hi everyone! THis is my first review! I am reviewing one of my favorite card tricks, The Brainwave Deck. Let's get started!

Effect: You hand someone an invisible deck of cards. The spectator takes the "cards" out of the box and mixes them up. The the spectator goes through the cards and removes a card, remembers it (fe. the king of diamonds), turns the KD in the opposite direction, and inserts it into the deck. The cards are placed into the "box" and the box is given to you. You ask what the card was just so they can't lie to you. They say it was the KD. You take the cards out of the deck, go through the cards, and the KD is the only card face-up in the face-down deck! Here is the crazy part: when the spectator takes out the card and turns it over, it's the only card with a different colored back! It truly is pure magic.

Review: I personally LOVE this deck. It takes The Invisible Deck to an entire new dimension. Because the selection is face-up, this clarifies that you can't switch the card. Also, the different colored back is a HUGE kicker, the main reason why this is in my walk-around set. It is easy, extremely hard-hitting, perfect closer, and it only costs $9.00, give or take. $9.00 is an absolute steal.

How hard is it to perform?: On a scale from 1-10, 1 being self-working and 10 being extremely sleight intensive, I would give this trick a 3. It is extremely easy to use, but you need to practice making sure you handle the cards naturally. With a little bit of practice, this trick can be easily mastered.

Presentation: Even though this trick is easy to perform, you will need a good presentation. With out presentation, this trick will not get great reactions. Because you are performing an easy trick, presentation is what makes is good, bad, or ugly.

Overall Rating: I will give this trick a perfect 10/10. For the amazing effect with the modest price, it is a must-have trick for any magician.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results