DRESSCODE Ideas Anyone?

Aug 18, 2010
Hello to whoever is reading this,
I got DRESSCODE as an X-Mas gift and was wondering what ideas you have come up with. So I don't reveal anything, for those of you that have the effect I'm starting out in a Polo Ralph Lauren T-Shirt with two blue stripes across the chest. Any ideas for of that?

Sep 1, 2007
Ontario, Canada
I just thought of this today. If you're going to a new years party, have shirt with 2010 on it and when the new year happens, change it to 2011. Just something to base off of.

Sep 1, 2007
Ontario, Canada
If you do do this, write just a simple 2010 and on the 2011 one, draw a bunch of confetti or something, that way it's more of a visual shock.

Sep 7, 2008
Just bought this. Being in high school, I think it would be really fun to wear a totally inappropriate shirt - and I mean ridiculously inappropriate - and when you're being walked down to the office, change it into something very generic. Can't stand the security guards at my school anyways (I get yelled at for having cards all the time

Apr 1, 2009
California
Many ideas just popped into my head. For instance you can have writing jump from one strip to the other. or a sticker. Find a similar looking shirt, but with stripes going a different direction and switch to that.

Nov 7, 2008
Hofstra Univ.
Many ideas just popped into my head. For instance you can have writing jump from one strip to the other. or a sticker. Find a similar looking shirt, but with stripes going a different direction and switch to that.

You could come out with the line "Horizontal stripes aren't the most flattering... i prefer vertical"

Jan 25, 2011
What I do when I perform Dresscode, is ask the spectator(s) "Have you ever wondered how superheroes change into their costumes so quickly? I realize that sometimes superman wears his under his normal clothes, but sometimes he doesn't, and batman for example doesn't have the option of wearing his underneath his clothing. After studying their routines extensively I've come up with an explanation of how they might do it" (Normally I'll throw in some humor to this last line).

Then I perform the change into a superman/batman shirt of some kind, and then add,
"I'm still working on the tights, but this is a decent start I think."

This is a general outline for the patter I use for Dresscode. I think it works well because almost everyone can relate to it; superheroes such as superman and batman are relatively well-known by the general population. Plus it gives the spectator a little hint as to what you are about to do, without giving too much away. This has worked well for me thus far, but if anyone has any criticisms or things they would like to add to this idea, any advice is greatly appreciated.

-Beans

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
What I do when I perform Dresscode, is ask the spectator(s) "Have you ever wondered how superheroes change into their costumes so quickly? I realize that sometimes superman wears his under his normal clothes, but sometimes he doesn't, and batman for example doesn't have the option of wearing his underneath his clothing. After studying their routines extensively I've come up with an explanation of how they might do it" (Normally I'll throw in some humor to this last line).

Then I perform the change into a superman/batman shirt of some kind, and then add,
"I'm still working on the tights, but this is a decent start I think."

This is a general outline for the patter I use for Dresscode. I think it works well because almost everyone can relate to it; superheroes such as superman and batman are relatively well-known by the general population. Plus it gives the spectator a little hint as to what you are about to do, without giving too much away. This has worked well for me thus far, but if anyone has any criticisms or things they would like to add to this idea, any advice is greatly appreciated.

-Beans

This is actually a great idea for where I am going in a little more than a month. I'll be going to Seattle's "Emerald City" which is a smaller version of Comic-con, where writers/artists of Spiderman, X-men, Thor..etc and more will be. Such a perfect use.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results