Monet - Alex Pandrea

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
Hey guys! I didn't see a review for the new On Demand at Dan and Dave's site so I decided to write one up (it deserves it).

[size=+2]Monet - Alex Pandrea[/size]

What they say- "Monet is a new take on the classic Paint Brush Change by Roy Walton that allows for multiple color changes of a single playing card. On this tutorial Alex Pandrea teaches you the method in detail along with several neat applications."

What I say - This is a great place to learn the original paintbrush change, taught in great detail. Alex also teaches the reverse paintbrush change, single/single, and part of a splitting effect.

The Paint Brush Change - Alex first teaches the basic paintbrush change in detail, then goes over it all once more in detail again, offering a few tips along the way. People should really have no issues following Alex and learning the paintbrush change. He doesn't really leave anything out, and takes his time teaching it all.

The Reverse Paint Brush Change - This is basically what you might think. You start out with one card and you can do a paintbrush-esque style change. You can then go into a regular paintbrush change, or do a KM move (taught later). The cool thing about the reverse paintbrush, is that you can change a card back and forth (with addition to the regular paint brush change) over and over again, for as long as you want. The reverse paint brush change is also taught in great detail, and Alex again takes his time teaching it.
It's going to be nackier than the regular paint brush change, but it seems like it will be worth it (as you can start the change with one card). I haven't really worked too much on it, as I'm still working on the regular change.

Single/Single - This is a cool way of starting with one card, changing it in a paintbrush-esque way, and ending completely clean with one card. In this segment, Alex briefly covers the KM move. I really like Alex's KM move, as he has no silly wrist kill moves or anything fishy looking. A nice take on the KM move. I never learnt the KM move before, so I can't say if it's any different from the original, but it sure looks a lot better than any other time I see people perform the KM move.

Triple Change - Can't really say much on this one as it would reveal the method of how Alex does his triple change, but I can say it's a very nice, clever, clean way of pulling off a triple change with the paintbrush change.

Split Effect - This is a super cool way of putting two cards back together into one, visually. It's not really a split effect, but a put-back-together effect. It could be a nice closer to a split effect you do, or you could use it on it's own. Either way, it's very nice. Again, Alex teaches it well. It should be very easy it you can already do the paintbrush change.

So that's it for Monet. Overall, I'd give it a 9/10. Nine because nothing is perfect.
The download is a great buy if you want to learn Roy Walton's Paint Brush change, and also learn the Reverse Paint Brush change. The cool applications add even more value to this download. Overall, a nice deal.

You can buy it here: Monet

If you have any questions, post em' underneath and I'll try to answer them.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 29, 2009
Just around
In short, yes. But I think it shouldn't be too long (if you practice well) to get it down fairly well. Although I haven't worked on it too much, it seems to definitely be worth the practice. Hope that helps :).

Alex_Pandrea

Creator / <a href="http://www.theory11.com/1on1/#a
Sep 28, 2008
New York
Yooo!

Awesome review! I hope your getting it down. Dan, Dave and I realized that the original video of Monet didn't show as much as it could have, so we updated the video with some of my original footage I shot. Now that's a color change! lol :p Thanks guys and if you have any questions hit me up as now I know this thread is here! :)

Here is the NEW video
http://store.dananddave.com/monet-alex-pandrea.html

Jun 1, 2009
*tear* it's sooo beautiful!!
I have plenty to work on right now, so I'll be holding off getting this one. Nice review though dude.

Jacob

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
Thanks guys, it really is worth it if you like the change. Definitely need some more work on mine after looking at the new video Alex put up though haha.

Yooo!

Awesome review! I hope your getting it down. Dan, Dave and I realized that the original video of Monet didn't show as much as it could have, so we updated the video with some of my original footage I shot. Now that's a color change! lol :p Thanks guys and if you have any questions hit me up as now I know this thread is here! :)

Here is the NEW video
http://store.dananddave.com/monet-alex-pandrea.html
does anyone know( i am guessing you do :p ) if the reverse paint brush change is Alex Pandrea's original change?
he gives a few resources for places to learn the regular paint brush change but he doesn't say anything about the reverse, he also doesn't claim it is original so i am just curious
thanks guys

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results