Bringing in the New Year with Magic!

Tonight is the Night!!!

9:00pm I will be sending you your private link to the first of my 2011 Magic Series Part 1. The trick tonight is called "Lost & Found" it's my go to impromtu signed card to hat, a great finisher to any Ambitious Card Routine. Those that failed to email me on time I will extend this offer till 8PM tonight.

Thanks,

Shane

ShaneBlack@ShaneBlackMagic.com

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Great, can't wait. (I'm a poet, and you know it)... or something.

Anyways, I gave you my e-mail address through PM, hope I will still get the videos.

Cheers!

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Just got off the phone with Shane. We are uploading the video to two different sources right now. Having formatting issues with the one and I want to see which looks better for our viewers. Shane is out at the moment but we should be ready to roll and have the video ready by 9:45 pm. You will still get your private link to the video but not at 9:00. Just a tad later. Sorry for the delay but you will definitely love this effect.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
Great idea Shane. Lost and Found is a well thought out move. I don't wear a hat ever, but I love this. My brain is spinning with more ideas. Thanks for sharing. I'm looking forward to what you have in store!

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Great video, thanx for that. Really good idea. I love the fact that you can show both of your hands empty before producing a card inside the hat. I also rarely wear hats, but I will find some other place to put it (the card, not the penis). Can't wait for the next effect. This one is a real worker.

Guys I appreciate the kind words and your support here's one review just put up on the E forums...all I can say is wow and thank you.

Shane Black's Lost and Found (2011 Magic Series)
First off, I consider Shane Black to be one of the good guys in magic. He is a genius and his material is top notch! When you study his contributions to this art, you automatically get the sense that this is material has been performed in front of astonished audiences countless times. I do not believe I have ever seen a Shane Black effect that I wrote off, thinking to myself, 'Oh...that's neat..." I always take something away. Whether it's the effect as a whole, or just a subtlety, or sleight. I always find something worth doing...

With all this being said, let's talk about Shane Black's latest offering to the magic community.

LOST and FOUND, the first part of his 2011 Magic Series, arrived in my G-mail inbox today, with a message from Mr. Black. The message is as follows:

"Welcome ladies and gentleman to the first of a twelve part series I will be releasing throughout the year as my token of appreciation for those of you that have supported me throughout my career and for those of you that will be there for me the the near future.

I know regardless, whether or not I ask that you don't, that some may share these effects with their friends against my wishes. First, I would like to note that I am dead set against piracy and the actions of a few...DO hinder the artist that make our primary living from magic, so please take ease in the fact you guys are special to me and I am trusting that you guys carry my contributions as just that...special.

Anyhow enough of my gabbing...

How it works:

I will make these videos accessible to you for a length of two weeks in which the link will be removed after that time to go into a quarterly DVD set that will be available for sale throughout the year. I give you guys, my supporters, the chance to view these effects for free then a chance to own them later at a discounted rate. I've worked for several years to find the ins and outs of these effects and I welcome to hear your ideas on them and we can grow as a family."

I just looked at this thread: http://forums.ellusionist.com/showth...h-Magic./page2

Shane is getting a lot of wonderful feedback and requests from people that missed the cutoff time that want to take part in this. He has decided to extend that out TODAY so e-mail him at: ShaneBlack@ShaneBlackMagic.com and he'll hook you up. Trust me guys, you definitely want to take part in this, so don't wait. Shoot him an e-mail today!

Anyways, let's talk about this wonderful gift that Shane graced us with. LOST AND FOUND, has been the way Shane closes his Ambitious Card Routine for the past seven years...Now that's something right there!

The effect is simple: A signed card vanishes from a shuffled deck, and appears inside your hat.

The handling is simple, and quite devious. Part of the method is a variation on a basic card sleight, but the subtlety employed after the sleight, is VERY, VERY devious. The sleight in question, happens under natural misdirection, but when coupled with Shane's subtlety...is DEVASTATING!

One important point to note here is that the ONLY TIME the hat comes off your head, is to show them THEIR SIGNED CARD and your hands are COMPLETELY EMPTY prior to removal.

This effect in my humble opinion could be a stand alone effect, in fact I have used this for a few months now as a quick stand alone effect! The reactions are always amazing!

I cannot recommend this effect enough!

Now, I also wanted to put in a couple of thoughts here. WE, the magicians, are the reason why Shane is doing this. Shane cares about magic, it's past, present, and future. He is not looking to make a quick buck, but HE DOES need our support. I've known Shane for quite awhile, and trust me when I say this guys; Shane is a true artist, and he has lot to offer us. I know he will continue to help and support us with are development in the magical arts as long as we do are best to support him.

Think about it...we've been given a gift. If you like what you see, then when the quarterly DVD comes out, support him. If you like his material, as do I, please don't share or pirate it, support him...

Last edited by a moderator:
And I'm glad the fact that this will be realesed on video, so that I can have a hard copy (already have all the other stuff you've released). Great Opening effect for this series, can't wait for the rest. Kudos, kudos, good job.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results