Frequently Posted Threads: New People Read First!

Either out of spit of helpfulness or spite of replying to the same threads every week from new posters I figured I'd try my hand at being helpful, and create this little user friendly guide to the most commonly asked questions/ posted threads by new users on this forum.

If you read below, first before you post anything, chances are good I may have already answered your question for you. If your question isn't answered here, AND the search feature doesn't provide you any links to threads on your question chances are good it hasn't been asked yet, so post away!

Without any further adue...

1) What is the Wire? Where did it go?
A: No one knows. It's a project that the T11 team has been working on for sometime, and no one is able to talk about it yet. It's like an ambiguous black hole that sucks up all threads with its name in the subject line. AKA: they get deleted. Eventually someday we may have an answer.

2) What is the BEST deck for me to buy?
A: All custom decks perform practically the same way, with the only exceptions being the difference in styles. Though some brands to note, such as Tally-Ho's tend to outlast more common decks like your regular bikes. It really is a matter of preference. What deck do YOU like? Answer that, and your set. There is no overall BEST deck. That is a myth.

3) I have a lot of money I want to spend on magic, what is the BEST tricks for me to get?
A: That all depends on your skill level, and interests. I can't cookie cutter an answer here. However if you do ask this in the forums, please let us know a bit about the type of magic you like to perform, how long you've been performing, and what your goals for magic are in the next year or two, and we can generally point you in the right direction.

4) Are Brown Wynns, White Centurions, or Jerry's Nuggets ever going to be sold again?
A: No. they are out of stock, and will not re-stock. To my knowledge Theory11 has never sold Jerry's, though you can occasionally win them, as well as Centurions and Wynns, in the contests that are held here on Theory11 forums.

5) Help! My X product that I just purchased from Theory11 doesn't work! This sucks, what do I do?
A: Click on the "Support" link in the upper right corner of your browser window. It's right next to the Checkout, and store buttons. Submit a support ticket, and Customer Service should get back to you fairly soon. Mistakes happen, we're all human. No one is perfect, and that even applies to Theory11. While I'm sure they will work their hardest to resolve your issue quickly, it doesn't do them, you, or anyone else for that matter any good to leave your dirty laundry out like that for everyone to see. It just creates drama, and no one here likes drama. Give the boys, and girls in customer service a chance first! It's only fair.

6) Which do you think is the BEST, Theory11, Ellusionist, or Penguin Magic?
A: None of the above. You're comparing apples to oranges. They each have their merits, and flaws. Some excel at somethings, while others don't do so hot. It's a personal preference thing. Some people have brand loyalty, and that's fine, but there's no one site better than the other. However... I will point out that it is of my opinion that Theory11 is probably one of the most proactive when it comes to forum involvement, customer care, satisfaction, and interaction with the community at large.

I'm sure other common questions or threads will come to mind as time passes, and as they do I'll update this. Thanks for reading, and enjoy your day!

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 1, 2009
California
I must take this time to applaud support, or Mr. Mueller... or Meuller... for his consistant patience with me this past week. I've been having a lot of trouble with a purchase and he reacted with much professionalism. And we successfully solved the problem.

Sep 1, 2007
Ontario, Canada
I agree with everything but the wire. I think we have a right to know. We were kept in suspense for 3 years and then told that we would be told in a few days. That was how many months ago? I honestly dont think that there was any wire to begin with.

Dec 20, 2009
Massachusetts
7) Check out my channel!
A: Please don't send us to your channel randomly just to try and get us to subscribe. Please. You have to earn subscribers through good videos... Please don't just do this... This also goes for linking us to random videos to try and get us to subscribe... You can of course link us to videos you want us to critique on. But if you want us to critique, be prepared for criticism... Don't start crying if your video isn't as good as you thought... We're just trying to help you improve...

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
I agree with everything but the wire. I think we have a right to know. We were kept in suspense for 3 years and then told that we would be told in a few days. That was how many months ago? I honestly dont think that there was any wire to begin with.

I think that JB said that they aren't gonna be working on it or releasing it. So it was pretty much a failed project. I could be wrong though.

7) Check out my channel!
A: Please don't send us to your channel randomly just to try and get us to subscribe. Please. You have to earn subscribers through good videos... Please don't just do this... This also goes for linking us to random videos to try and get us to subscribe... You can of course link us to videos you want us to critique on. But if you want us to critique, be prepared for criticism... Don't start crying if your video isn't as good as you thought... We're just trying to help you improve...

. . . . And actually listen to the advice/feedback that is given to you. Posting videos isn't always going to give you positive feedback like "dude that's so cool" or "you rock", this forum isn't filled with "yes-men" and "thumbs up" guys we are a bunch of people who care about the art so when u ask for feedback, you're gonna get it.

Sep 1, 2007
Ontario, Canada
I think that JB said that they aren't gonna be working on it or releasing it. So it was pretty much a failed project. I could be wrong though.
If thats the case, that is completely ridiculous. They teased their users about it by giving release dates and then extending them again and again. Wow. Disappointed. However, great way for them to just draw more hype and keep people coming to the site I guess...

Yes, wire, disappointed, bad, got it. Can we please stop high-jacking this thread, and return to useful constructive advice or answers to frequently posted threads as it originally intended now? This isn't going to be a lets thrash the wire subject. Thank you for your cooperation in advance.

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Hmmmm, maybe "I want to start doing coin (mentalism, stage, dove, ring etc) magic, what would be a good book or dvd for me?". Or "I'm a beginner, what would be a good book or dvd for me to start in magic."

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results