Flash Paper Help?

Jul 17, 2010
So here's the thing...

My g.f's dad is a pastor in town here, and he used to do magic way before... I think he created the glide.. lol jk.. but he has an idea with flashpaper using a spiritual application..

He wants to remotely light flashpaper so he doesn't have to do anything or be near it when the flash paper ignites... He was telling me something about wire in a flashlight? but wasn't sure what he was talking about..

my questiion to you fellow magicians, is there a way you can remotely light flash paper so it looks like "magic" and everyings goes up in flames?

His alternative was lighting a match, blowing it out... and the heat from the match, is still enough to light the flash paper when touched..

but yeah, any help would be sweet..

Sep 18, 2010
I saw a video from blackpool or maybe magiccon or some kind of convention (cant remember now) on youtube where if I remember right there were a lot of magicians sitting at a table and Irving Quant I believe took a napkin, put it on a plate, concentrated on it and it started smoking and then burned. It's a great trick, I wonder how he did that. I just thought that this is a similar idea. I will provide you with a link for the video if I will find it.

Jul 14, 2008
I saw a video from blackpool or maybe magiccon or some kind of convention (cant remember now) on youtube where if I remember right there were a lot of magicians sitting at a table and Irving Quant I believe took a napkin, put it on a plate, concentrated on it and it started smoking and then burned. It's a great trick, I wonder how he did that. I just thought that this is a similar idea. I will provide you with a link for the video if I will find it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yKFM0ZTU6I

Nov 9, 2010
You might want to look into Andrew Gerard's "self-lighting matchbook" that Dan White teaches in the Lit DVD as a bonus. That method should do it for ya.

This would be my way of going about it too. Doesn't give you a whole lot of time but at least 10-15 seconds or something if I remember correctly.

Jul 17, 2010
Awesome guys, thanks for the Ideas... I'll look into the "self-lighting matchbook"..

I'll let you guys know how it goes. lol

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
A lot of older magicians still use flash pots which ignite with the flip of a switch from a control board. It utilizes powder, canisters, and some wiring. It provides sort of a firework "poof" and flash.

That might be a bit more than what you are looking for though.

Jul 17, 2010
A lot of older magicians still use flash pots which ignite with the flip of a switch from a control board. It utilizes powder, canisters, and some wiring. It provides sort of a firework "poof" and flash.

That might be a bit more than what you are looking for though.

that's sounds about right... but dont' have time to construct that..lol thanks man.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results