XCM or Flourishing

Nov 24, 2009
Hello everyone. For the past few days, I've been thinking about the differences between this two spheres , XCM and flourishing. In the video from .thecuso I heard the words " some people think that flourishing is dead ". Would you might explain me why? )) And why some people go exactly to the XCM not into flourishing?
thank you

Jul 9, 2010
Saginaw,MI
Well it all really depends where you begin in cardistry if you begin with extream beginners by devo well then your most likly to stay in xcm if you begin with the system or something your most likly going to go with flourishing and some people think its dead because the direction of the community these days is going downhill

Jul 14, 2010
Croatia
I never really understood the difference between the two. I mean, every flourish can be defined as (extreme) card manipulation and every xcm move can be defined as a flourish.

When people see me flourishing and ask me what's that called I usually reply xcm, but only because the term can be translated into my language (Croatian), which is not the case with the word "flourish".

Jul 9, 2010
Saginaw,MI
its hard for me to explain why the community is going down but ill try :) basicly instead of focusing more on originality people are focusing on editing and popularity and in the magic sense people arnt even trying anymore they do anything to make a quick buck but in the flourishing sense people are not doing it for the art there doing it for the publicity

Jan 26, 2011
Sweden
Here is the truth: Card flourishing is not dying.

XCM is the word De'vo came up with for card manipulation.
Flourishing/Cardistry comes from Decknique (forum).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results